Old August 21st 05, 06:02 AM
Bret Ludwig

Default FA: MUCH Stuff you hardly see + Vintage GERMAN Camera items

cooltube wrote:
Here is the whole list, am sure you find something interesting, no junk
either:-)
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopage...ssZmyradioroom

Before I forget, please Don't Forget to "Click" on "View sellers other
Auctions", just below where my EBAY screen name is, I have many more
Neat items!
Please DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO FOLLOW THRU WITH THE
TRANSACTION OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN!!
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO SEE ALL PICTURES
This is one item i've never seen before!
It is Marked SAMPSON VM-12-120 POWER MODULATOR.
I suspect that its a form of tube type speech audio
compressor/amplifier?
I tried a search on the WWW but only found the values of the two
missing required tubes, one each 12AU6 & 12AQ5.
If I find a couple of these in my "stash". i'll supply them but I just
found out the values(numbers).
It is sold untested as nothing else is known.
Luckily I found the AC power cable assembly, so that will be supplied.
I guess these were popular with the Early CB crowd, probably still a
great way to add "AUDIO PUNCH" to your audio be it Ham or CB.
It looks like so few were actually manufactured that SAMPSON,
vibro-tooled the S/N & info on the back!
This one Might even be a prototype, dunno?
Shipping/handeling is $9.00 for Priority

Given its 11 pin connector it is probably a way to add AM to the KWM-2
or 32S-1 Collins or similar CW/SSB rigs. Hams work very little AM, most
probably it was for "Chicken Bandits" who misemploy S-Line Collins as
CB basestations. Because there's no way to unhook the BFO from a KWM-2
the rx audio would have probably been pretty raunchy.