RadioBanter

-   -   Programming Icom H21T handheld (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/89523-programming-icom-h21t-handheld.html)

olegusan February 27th 06 03:15 AM

Programming Icom H21T handheld

Hi,

Can anyone help with information about programming ICOM H21T handheld?

The radio is programmable via keyboard and probably via computer.
I guess it is similar to IC-H16/U16 or IC-H10/U10.

I have tried to program it using "technician code" for H16 but it did
not work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Travis Jordan February 27th 06 09:33 PM

http://www.mods.dk/downloadmanual.ph...ing_manual.zip

olegusan February 28th 06 05:39 AM

Programming Icom H21T handheld

Thanks Travis

I've tried that.

I could not get my radio into "Dealer Mode" for some reason. The method
described in the documentation simply does not work for some reason. I
guess the Dealer Mode is locked somehow.

Programming the radio in the "User Mode" worked OK. Unfortunately the
channels cannot be programmed in User Mode.

Any ideas how to get to Dealer Mode?

Regards,
Oleg VK3HOD

Travis Jordan February 28th 06 11:37 AM

olegusan wrote:
Any ideas how to get to Dealer Mode?

You need the Dealer passcode, which unfortunately I do not know.

There might be a good hint on the jpg at H21T-05.jpg right above the
line "DEALER SET MODE". The handwriting is a bit hard to read but you
could try several combinations and see if any of them work.

Good luck!

Travis Jordan February 28th 06 11:40 AM

Travis Jordan wrote:
olegusan wrote:
Any ideas how to get to Dealer Mode?

You need the Dealer passcode, which unfortunately I do not know.

There might be a good hint on the jpg at H21T-05.jpg right above the
line "DEALER SET MODE". The handwriting is a bit hard to read but you
could try several combinations and see if any of them work.

Also on the first file H21T-01 (front cover) there is written:

Code 3116 (H21)

Maybe that will do the trick. If so, let us know.

Brian Pedersen April 3rd 06 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olegusan
Hi,

Can anyone help with information about programming ICOM H21T handheld?

The radio is programmable via keyboard and probably via computer.
I guess it is similar to IC-H16/U16 or IC-H10/U10.

I have tried to program it using "technician code" for H16 but it did
not work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi hold down LIGHT + SET and power on and input 9999 as code
thats how it works on my radios

:-) Brian.. OZ1TEN