Old February 27th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
olegusan

Default Programming Icom H21T handheld

Hi,

Can anyone help with information about programming ICOM H21T handheld?

The radio is programmable via keyboard and probably via computer.
I guess it is similar to IC-H16/U16 or IC-H10/U10.

I have tried to program it using "technician code" for H16 but it did
not work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Old February 27th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

http://www.mods.dk/downloadmanual.ph...ing_manual.zip

Old February 28th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
olegusan

Thanks Travis

I've tried that.

I could not get my radio into "Dealer Mode" for some reason. The method
described in the documentation simply does not work for some reason. I
guess the Dealer Mode is locked somehow.

Programming the radio in the "User Mode" worked OK. Unfortunately the
channels cannot be programmed in User Mode.

Any ideas how to get to Dealer Mode?

Regards,
Oleg VK3HOD

Old February 28th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

olegusan wrote:
Any ideas how to get to Dealer Mode?

You need the Dealer passcode, which unfortunately I do not know.

There might be a good hint on the jpg at H21T-05.jpg right above the
line "DEALER SET MODE". The handwriting is a bit hard to read but you
could try several combinations and see if any of them work.

Good luck!

Old February 28th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
olegusan wrote:
Any ideas how to get to Dealer Mode?

You need the Dealer passcode, which unfortunately I do not know.

There might be a good hint on the jpg at H21T-05.jpg right above the
line "DEALER SET MODE". The handwriting is a bit hard to read but you
could try several combinations and see if any of them work.

Also on the first file H21T-01 (front cover) there is written:

Code 3116 (H21)

Maybe that will do the trick. If so, let us know.

Old April 3rd 06, 07:44 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegusan
Hi,

Can anyone help with information about programming ICOM H21T handheld?

The radio is programmable via keyboard and probably via computer.
I guess it is similar to IC-H16/U16 or IC-H10/U10.

I have tried to program it using "technician code" for H16 but it did
not work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi hold down LIGHT + SET and power on and input 9999 as code
thats how it works on my radios

:-) Brian.. OZ1TEN