Old March 2nd 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default omni V problem

My Omni V (recently purchased) went on the sick list today.

When you go to transmit, output is zero....AND the "S" meter still
shows the receive signals...AND you can fainlty hear the audio from
receive...while you are in transmit.

Has anyone seen this?

Any ideas?

Thanks, MArk

Old March 2nd 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Edward A. Feustel

wrote in message
oups.com...

My Omni V (recently purchased) went on the sick list today.

When you go to transmit, output is zero....AND the "S" meter still
shows the receive signals...AND you can fainlty hear the audio from
receive...while you are in transmit.

Has anyone seen this?

Any ideas?

Thanks, MArk

A better place to ask the question is on one of the ten tec lists, e.g.
tentec at contesting.com
or tentec at yahoogroups.com.

Sounds to me as if you are not truly switching to transmit. Are you in PTT
or VOX?
Are you on CW or SSB?

If worse comes to worse, TenTec Service is hard to beat, and unlike some
other companies,
if they still have the parts, they will service your rig.

Regards,
Ed, N5EI

Old March 4th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

It seemed that it might be a relay problem, so I was going to check
relay status on LPF board, when it dawned on me to hit the reset
button.
Voila!

Kind of wierd, but I am sure Sieverville will get my rig some day.

Thanks for the help from all.