Old March 12th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
west

Default TH-F6A, Less Features=More Cost

The venerable Kenwood TH-F6A has 3 speaker mics as options (4, if you count
the clip mic/w earplug). The least expensive mic (SMC-34) seems to have it
all, remote & volume control. The SMC-33 has just the remote but no volume
control. Remarkably, it costs twice the amount of the 34, that has the
remote & volume control. Another Speaker mic, the SMC-32 has neither remote
nor volume control and is almost as costly as the SMC-33.
I know I threw a bunch of letters & numbers at you, but in essence, what I'm
alluding to is why does it appear that the remote mic with the least
features, cost the most. Can this be another ill-advised Kenwood marketing
ploy? Has anyone put a handle on this? I would like to buy a remote mic, but
frankly I'm puzzled and the salesman hasn't the foggiest. Help someone ...
anyone? Thanks kindly in advance.

Cordially,
west
AF4GC

Old March 13th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:14:40 GMT, "west"
wrote:

[...]

I guess that's the reason I bought the SMC-34. Of course I also
wanted the volume control. I looked at the brochures for all three,
and can't see any reason why. Only the Shadow knows.

Dick

Low cost Electret microphone performs well Gene Gardner General 0 February 23rd 06 07:42 PM
FA Motorola VHF rubber duck Antennas $4.99 ea. Dealer cost $8.70 List $11.80 Andy Swap 0 May 17th 04 01:46 PM
IC-7800 cost? Bob Miller Equipment 0 March 13th 04 03:40 PM
Do Hams get 11 Meters Back WA8ULX Policy 126 December 11th 03 09:25 PM