Old April 1st 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John

Default FT: SX-28

Posting again due to change in photo status...

I've already had 4 requests for pics, and I don't want to spend the day
sending pics so I've put the pics on a free hosting site for everyone to
see. Feel free to take a look - I feel the radio is in great shape.

Any questions let me know - it played when I got it about 2 - 2 1/2 years
ago and has been sitting in the closet ever since. I've been advised not to
power it up again without a variac (which I don't have) so all I can say is
it worked when it was put up for storage.

Have a great weekend - let me know what you have to trade, looking for solid
state or hybrid ham transceiver, quality short wave radio, trunk tracking
scanners, or ??? I'm just not into boatanchors.

Thanks.

John

john_stlmo at yahoo dot com

http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djo09w
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djpss1
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djqmw3
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djt218
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=dju6qf
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djulbk
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djwe0l
http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=djxwct

Old April 2nd 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Phil Nelson

Default SX-28

I've been advised not to power it up

Good advice. Let the new owner risk frying the power transformer if he wants
to fire it up before replacing the capacitors (see
http://antiqueradio.org/halli12.htm ).

At a glance, looks like it's in reasonable condition. Nitpick: missing a
piece from the clutch (brake?) assembly for the main tuner in front, but
aren't they all? I have two SX-28's. One is missing those parts, the other
one has them.

Regards,

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios