Old April 30th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill

Default Need help with Icom 2100 2 meter handheld

Can anyone help with programming the "call channel" freq that includes "tone
encoder". I can get it programmed, and, as the book says, it will disappear
when you leave the "call channel" However, they list steps to Permanently
install the encoded but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Thanks

Old April 30th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Phil Kane

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:44:04 GMT, Bill wrote:

Can anyone help with programming the "call channel" freq that includes "tone
encoder". I can get it programmed, and, as the book says, it will disappear
when you leave the "call channel" However, they list steps to Permanently
install the encoded but it doesn't seem to work for me.

The ICOM IC-2100H is a mobile rig, not a hand-held.

I programmed a tone-encoded (receive and transmit tones) in the call
channel memory with no problems. Go into "Call Channel" mode with
the M/CALL switch, then to the VFO mode with the M/VFO switch, set
it up in the VFO mode first to make sure that it works, then save it
in "call channel" memory with the S.MW/MW switch.

Page 33 in the Instruction Manual gives very clear step-by-step
instructions.

If ICOM has another rig with the model number 2100, it meets the
requirements of Dr. Professor C.T. Yang of MIT who, when confronted
with naming two different things the same name, would say "This one
not equal to that one - I only did that to con-fuse you".

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

Wanted: Icom IC-50L 6 meter Amp. [email protected] Swap 0 April 11th 06 09:56 PM
SWR - wtf? john d CB 136 July 2nd 05 08:31 PM
SWR - wtf? Roy Lewallen Antenna 110 July 1st 05 05:30 AM
Last Day For Secret Icom Sale R-75 $425 Lucky Shortwave 6 October 17th 04 09:41 AM
Comet CF360 duplexer, Icom 730 and a 2 meter rig. Harvey White Equipment 0 November 10th 03 04:08 AM