RadioBanter

-   -   ARRL members, I need your help. (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/94515-arrl-members-i-need-your-help.html)

[email protected] May 16th 06 01:36 PM

ARRL members, I need your help.

N9OGL wrote:
Why??? Morse Code does not make you a better radio operator, On air
experiance does. This idea that morse code makes you a better operatror
is nothing more then a myth.

Todd N9OGL
General Class Operator

You only say that because you had to struggle to get the 5 wpm code
required now, Toad.

Win May 16th 06 02:59 PM

ARRL members, I need your help.

On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:35:36 -0400, wrote:

"This is a perfect example of viewing the future through your
rear-view mirror."

I view many things through my rear-view mirror these days. It's a
better view, for the most part. Perhaps amateur radio would be better
off dying a slow death, rather than becoming completely *******ized.

I am not sure it would be fun to take all the elements from back in
the the 60s, every four years, though.

No, I am no longer an ARRL member....

Win, w0lz

an old friend May 16th 06 06:38 PM

wrote:
N9OGL wrote:
Why??? Morse Code does not make you a better radio operator, On air
experiance does. This idea that morse code makes you a better operatror
is nothing more then a myth.

Todd N9OGL
General Class Operator

You only say that because you had to struggle to get the 5 wpm code
required now, Toad.

so?
and if thpeople like steve were correct that would eman that Todd is
mericalously converted to a fine operator, and heis opertiors skill
changed not a wit meaning anyway you look at morse code testing does
nothing for the ARS

get help wismen

Slow Code May 16th 06 07:19 PM

ARRL members, I need your help. Friggen low-life scum.

Bert Hyman wrote in
:

(Travis Jordan) wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote:
No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class.

This sounds like a great way to kill off amateur radio.

Sounds more like a proposal from somebody who runs a VE service.

I just knew none of you rotton scum would help. You Gotta have your free
handouts don't you. ARRL pampered you well. I'll bet you all pay for your
food with food stamps and talk on CB all day long from government assisted
project housing.

Assholes.

The Wasp May 16th 06 07:26 PM

ARRL members, I need your help.

In article t,
Slow Code wrote:

Please email mail this to your Division Directors and Section managers.
With a loud voice, maybe we can get the ARRL to work for us instead of
against us:

No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all elements
required for their license class.

The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

Make the no-code Tech license one year non-renewable.

sc

The real demise of ham radio is not from dropping the code, but from
making it such a elitist group that nobody wants to join. There is
safety in numbers. We need to make the numbers bigger not smaller.

Woody May 16th 06 08:19 PM

ARRL members, I need your help. Friggen low-life scum.

Please.... oh, please... just don't feed the trolls...

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
Bert Hyman wrote in
:

(Travis Jordan) wrote in
:

an old freind May 16th 06 09:07 PM

ARRL members, I need your help.

The Wasp wrote:
In article t,
Slow Code wrote:

Make the no-code Tech license one year non-renewable.

sc

The real demise of ham radio is not from dropping the code, but from
making it such a elitist group that nobody wants to join. There is
safety in numbers. We need to make the numbers bigger not smaller.

well said

N9OGL May 16th 06 09:52 PM

ARRL members, I need your help.

umm, moron I took my 5 WPM back in 1991 and my 13 WPM in 1993...you
don't what the **** your talking about

Todd N9OGL

Radio Buff May 16th 06 11:47 PM

ARRL members, I need your help.

The Wasp wrote in
:

In article t,
Slow Code wrote:

Please email mail this to your Division Directors and Section managers.
With a loud voice, maybe we can get the ARRL to work for us instead of
against us:

No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class.

The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

Make the no-code Tech license one year non-renewable.

sc

The real demise of ham radio is not from dropping the code, but from
making it such a elitist group that nobody wants to join. There is
safety in numbers. We need to make the numbers bigger not smaller.

Yes. One big happy CB like family with a few Homo's thrown in to make it
more perverted.

sc