Old May 17th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Eric Mooneyham

Default Linux Software For Programming RadioShack Pro 97 Scanner

Does anyone have any idea on some software that I could use with Fedora
Core 5 and RadioShack Pro 97 Scanner? I have the USB Programming cable
from RadioShack. I like Win97 but I'm in Linux more than Windows.
Please help. Reply to

Eric Mooneyham
Old May 17th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

Eric Mooneyham wrote:
Does anyone have any idea on some software that I could use with
Fedora Core 5 and RadioShack Pro 97 Scanner? I have the USB
Programming cable from RadioShack. I like Win97 but I'm in Linux
more than Windows. Please help. Reply to

I doubt it. Virtually all remote control programs run on Windows. You
could try running Win07 under an emulator like Wine but I suspect you'd
have to write your own USB driver.

Old May 18th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
ab

Travis Jordan wrote:

Eric Mooneyham wrote:
Does anyone have any idea on some software that I could use with
Fedora Core 5 and RadioShack Pro 97 Scanner? I have the USB
Programming cable from RadioShack. I like Win97 but I'm in Linux
more than Windows. Please help. Reply to

I doubt it. Virtually all remote control programs run on Windows. You
could try running Win07 under an emulator like Wine but I suspect you'd
have to write your own USB driver.

Even worse (or worst?). While researching (i was trying to run the Icom
pcr-1500 controlling software under WINE), I found out that wine has no
visibility of the USB ports (they're working on it, yet as of today no USB
ports).

Someone suggested me to try it under VmWare, a little bit oversized as a
solution... but worth a try. I haven't tried it yet, though.

--
AB