Old May 22nd 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
laborkei

Default Hamvention: Amateur Radio Manufacturers and Unfair Pricing...

Amateur Radio Manufacturers and unfair pricing!

Here I sit the day after Dayton, calling around to all the dealers looking
for a HF Transceiver. There were some fantastic prices offered on equipment
(As much as $500 off list), and the dealers are back to charging full price
today.

I am told by the dealers I called, that the Manufacturers were making deals
with them so they could sell there inventories much cheaper, and the orders
had to be taken at Dayton. Today, the day after when most of these orders
had not even shipped yet, they are back up to full retail price.

To be fair, Manufacturers should allow these prices for a time period after
Dayton to give other Amateurs who could not drive to Dayton an opportunity
to get the same deals.

I think we should all write to them and let them know how we feel. This is
unfair !

Old May 22nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
GregS

In article , "laborkei" wrote:
[...]

Why don't you just tell them to keep the low prices all the time!

If they gave you the low price, then they would have to raise the low prices
at the show.

greg

Old May 23rd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

"laborkei" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You snooze, you lose.... I buy *most* of my new toys at hamfests from a
specific dealer. I call them a week or 2 *before* the hamfest and give them
my shopping list, and they give me a great price with the added benifits of
no shipping or sales tax. Maybe you should try it some time. FWIW, I
couldn't afford to take the time off of work to go to Dayton either...it
would have cost me too much in lost sales.

Old May 23rd 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Jack Hamilton

"laborkei" wrote:

[...]

The local HRO store claimed to have "Dayton prices" last weekend. I
didn't buy a radio so I don't know how good the prices were.

They usually have prices below the "sticker" price.

Jack Hamilton

-----
Though in a state of society some must have greater
luxuries and comforts than others, yet all should have
the necessities of life; and if the poor cannot exist,
in vain may the rich look for happiness or prosperity.
The legistlature is never so well employed as when they
look to the interests of those who are at a distance
from them in the ranks of society. It is their duty
to do so; religion calls for it; humanity calls for it;
and if there are hearts who are not awake to either of
those feelings, their own interests would dictate it.

Sir Lloyd Kenyon, Rex vs. Rusby, 1800