Old May 24th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Pat Cook, KB0OXD

Default Dayton HamFest killed by OBSCENE ADMISSION $$$

Hi everyone:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Hambone the Porkbutter wrote:

Sure!!

HamComm charges $10 admission, like Dayton charges $25
a head to get in. Their pricing themselves clear out of the
market! Then add in the price of gas and food and is it any
wonder why hams are staying home and ordering their
radios onlive via e-Bay or elsewhere ??

It's actually cheaper to go see a Major League Baseball
game live admission than it is to go to a stupid Hamfest.

I wouldn't go quite THAT far BUT....

Do the $$$ homework boys - you guys that run these ham events
are screwin yerselves faster than Barbaro broke his leg last week.

This not only goes for DARA, but also for the local Ham clubs as well.

Furthermore, the local clubs need to wien themselves off of using the
local county fairgrounds for their hamfest site too. Problem is, where
could they go besides renting out a sizable chunk of the local flea
market that EVERYONE (Hams and non-Hams alike) go to?

Cheers & 73

I have decided to do something that some would consider to be a little
off the wall.

I have decided to put ALL of my Field Day Activities on my website via
my cam site. It'll be LIVE and archived in Windows Media format. If
possible, I also plan to run a SHOUTcast & Streamer P2P stream as well
via Jeeper One Radio, my Talk/Old Time Radio station. It too will be
hopefully archived and will probably run in repeat during the overnight
hours on Saturday Night.

I plan to operate mainly on six meters USB and probably FM should there
be an opening. If not, then I'll probably be band-hopping between 6
and 2 USB & FM with maybe a smattering of 432 USB and/or 446 FM if in
the event there is NO six meter opening (Being a no-code tech, I am
limited to bands 50 Mhz. and above).

It'll all officially start Saturday June 24 @ 12:00 NOON Mountain -
2:00 PM ET, 8:00 PM GMT and end Sunday June 25 @ 12:00 NOON Mountain -
2:00 PM ET, 8:00 PM GMT with breaks for sleep, meals, and times which
the bands just simply are not open and idle.

The websites for everything in question are as follows....

WEBCAM - http://www.freewebtown.com/kb0oxd/webcam.html (Also simulcast
on my videos page @ http://www.freewebtown.com/kb0oxd/webcam2.html)

JEEPER ONE RADIO - http://www.freewebtown.com/jeeperone/radio/ (Click
on the LISTEN LIVE link)

Hopefully there'll be an opening on six. If not, well then, I guess
I'll just be working the locals I suppose.

I'll also be logged onto EchoLink and eQSO for those informal non-FD
off air ragchew chats with Hams (especially those out in the field with
WiFi access). :

So again....That's Saturday June 24 @ 12:00 NOON Mountain till Sunday
June 25 @ 12:00 NOON Mountain with the breaks I mentioned above. Feel
free to tune in and log on.

Cheers & 73

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Denver, CO
KB0OXD Cybershack Soap Box - http://kb0oxd.blogspot.com/
ADMIN - Colorado eQSO Conference Server - jeeperone.bounceme.net
EchoLink Node No. 19905