Old August 7th 06, 03:01 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,alt.radio.scanner,aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner
me me is offline

Default Dick Smith Radio Direction Finder

Kev wrote:

Kev a tanker ****** ,,,, do tell more Kev Deck or ER ?

news wrote:

yes thanks glenn. I would like a copy of the circuit.

email with the info please.

Any thing you need also. I keep a fairly extensive collection of radio
software and circuits.

And gidday to Kev ....tanker ******. private joke.

Kev

Old August 7th 06, 06:44 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,alt.radio.scanner,aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

Default Radio Direction Finder

A cheap tracking device can be purchased through one of the following pages.
http://tech-software.net/index.php?m...p=view_page &
PAGE_id=5&MMN_position=7:7
http://www.silcom.com/~pelican2/PicoDopp/PICODOPP.htm
I really don't think tracking devices have to be expensive but if you don't
like paying for a good one, then I can provide a very simple 555ic timer
circuit you can use that will cost about $10 to make.
Here is the circuit of a very simple but workable tracking device that I
once used to track a signal to tandy's store in the toowong towers in
Brisbane. Once you learn how to use it, you can track to a square metre. A
hand held radio is the best choice of radio to use with the tracker. This
shop blocked ch 7 for 3 days until I had some free time to go and see where
it was coming from. The same shop did it again some time later and the
culprit lost his job at that location thanks to a night time worker that was
on the ball. The signal was a radio on the shelf connected to power with a
small antenna and a clip lead over the mic insert to hold it on tx.
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/doppler.html
http://au.geocities.com/vk4jzz/side.jpg

news wrote:

yes thanks glenn. I would like a copy of the circuit.

email with the info please.

Any thing you need also. I keep a fairly extensive collection of radio
software and circuits.

And gidday to Kev ....tanker ******. private joke.

Kev

Old August 16th 06, 11:10 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,alt.radio.scanner,aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner
Kev Kev is offline

ASIS wrote:

yeah man me too i you dont mind,

i need a project to keep me going

thanks

Yeah you wish

Kev
Old August 16th 06, 08:54 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,alt.radio.scanner,aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

"brizzy *******" wrote in message
u...
[...]

I've bought one of the Ramsey kits which should arrive this week.
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi...ction&key=DDF1
I'll let you guys know how well it works when it's assembled.
Tracking to within a couple of houses is easy even without a radio that has
a signal meter but the doppler will make it all that much faster.
the serial ratbags and spastics in Sydney will get a fright when its up and
running. Unfortunately Sydney repeaters are going through one of those
phases where every sub-moron with a radio is having an obsessive compulsive
episode and we have about 20 whispering retards making the repeater
unusable. Hopefully within the next 4 weeks I can post an excel spreadsheet
with all their info. they usually **** off when they lose their anonymity.