Old September 12th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Default Has the CB lingo changed since the 70's?

Anonymous wrote in

Hello all!

I just recently joined up with a miata car club, and on the rallies with
50+ cars, I noticed many members had CB's. I hadn't seen CB radios since
I was a kid, and Smokey and Bandit was on in the movie theaters.

Well, I got one, and installed it. I'm gonna be doing some hwy driving
in the near future...and was wondering if the lingo (or what I can
hazily remember of it) has changed. How are cops and radar referred to
on the road?

Is channel 19 still the main channel to listen to on the road?

I'd had one friend of mine laugh and say that nowdays, you never say
'good buddy' to truckers today, or they'll get ****ed.

I know a few of the old "10" codes...are those still in use?

Does anybody have any links or advice on these questions for an 'old'
noob to CB.

Thank you

Just sound like a Retard, and you'll do just fine.

Happy to Help.

SC
Old September 12th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

Slow Code wrote:
Just sound like a Retard, and you'll do just fine.

LOL
You know... there's a lot of truth in this. If you dare to get on the
CB and hold a legitimate conversation... I guarantee you that within a
matter of seconds... there will be some moron out there starting with
you!

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 12th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
oups.com...
Slow Code wrote:
Just sound like a Retard, and you'll do just fine.

LOL
You know... there's a lot of truth in this. If you dare to get on the
CB and hold a legitimate conversation... I guarantee you that within a
matter of seconds... there will be some moron out there starting with
you!

This post goes to show how little you truly know about CB. Your a CB poser
who's only interest in the hobby is financial. Your post was an admission
that you do not talk on CB. If you're getting hate and discontent on the CB
as soon as you transmit, then you must have ****ed off a lot of your local
CBers.

--
Owner of Daryl Hunt
Master of Slow Code

Old September 13th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Just sound like a Retard, and you'll do just fine.

LOL
You know... there's a lot of truth in this.

Your wife assembles CB amplifiers in your basement, Brian.

www.telSPAM.com ------

Old September 13th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Your wife assembles CB amplifiers in your basement, Brian.

I should be so lucky... actually I build most myself.

All three of them?

www.telSPAM ----