Old November 7th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
ml ml is offline

Default mic humm help

hi

was hoping that someone might be able to share some advice

rig MVField mic stock vs Heil w/heil cable (goldline 5)

when i tx there is a slight but clearly noticable humm like a 60cycle
sounds a little like the buzz of a transformer my tube stereo would do
that if i touched a speaker wire w/o gnd

here is what i observed:

if i unscrew the mic plug at rig and pull it out a little so the mic
metal connector dosn't touch the rig (leaving enough for pins to
contact) humm goes away

if i use the stock mic or another yaesu mic no humm not a drop

if i use my astron to power the rig instead of it's built in supply the
humm goes away

both the rig and the mic etc are all kind of new moving the heil cable
or mic location hum is same

i tried removing and adding ground wires to the chassy gnd screw no
change (thou my coax shields are grounded )

my guess is the rig and it's connections are 'ok' since the stock
mic's don't have any problems

so guessing the problem is isolated between the heil cable/mic but i
dunno somthing is not right and i know it's prob simple

what is the likely cauze of the hum? whats the best test and or fix??

any help is appreciated
Old November 7th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
ml ml is offline

Default please help/ mic humm help

In article , ml
wrote:

[...]

could really use some help please
Old November 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:36:44 GMT, ml wrote:
: In article , ml
: wrote:
:
: hi
:
[...]

It sounds very much like an induction ground loop. When you remove
the outer connector, you are probably breaking a current loop that
nearby 60 Hz magnetic fields are inducing. The problem mic must
somehow allow small induced currents to flow through its cable, and
you need to put a stop to them somehow. I'd start checking the mic
for failed components since your other mics work just fine. Maybe the
mic impedance is mismatched. Hard to tell at this distance, but in
that case an impedance matching device would probably help you.
Old November 8th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Stagger Lee knows about giving humjobs, he gives his father ones nightly!

Saggytits Lee aka Stanley Lawson of Las Vegas, Nevada babbled:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:36:44 GMT, ml wrote:
: In article , ml
: wrote:
:
: hi
:
[...]

Just like it was hard to tell what color and make of a car was from a
so-called "webcam," (one that only exists in your malformed empty skull
in reality) dumbass?

Saggytits Lee (Stagger ) fails to back up his
"webcam story" when he changes the subject with lame excuses when asked
what type of car Roger drives and it's color in
:
"Those newer webcams include automatic switchover to night vision mode
when it gets dark, but the pictures are in that typical blue-green
monochrome mode, and it's tough to make out fine details."

Old November 8th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Woger we leased fwom jail!

On 8 Nov 2006 04:53:39 -0800, Not Cocksucker Lloyd Secwet Woger wrote:
[nothing worth repeating]

I see that you finally got out of jail. Don't break your probation this
time, and you won't go back.

"If a man have long hair it is a shame unto him." -- Paul, I Cor. 11:14