Old December 2nd 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default CW IS ham radio. It's about communication and learning.

But you people that want to rid the service of the code requirement, fail
to see the value. Sure have to learn CW make take a little time, but once
you learn it and you it, you'll develope a better appreciation for what it
means to be a ham, and our history.

SC
Old December 2nd 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default CW IS ham radio. bull****

wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 01:41:37 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

But you people that want to rid the service of the code requirement, fail
to see the value.

Indeed I fail to se what value I have for the time I have wasteed
morse code
Sure have to learn CW make take a little time, but once
you learn it and you it, you'll develope a better appreciation for what

it
means to be a ham, and our history.

nope I understand itplace and therefore I do advocate banning the USE
of the mode in order to stop the damage that is done by cutlure that
has grown up arround it

SC

Hardly a "culture", Mork. CW was part and parcel (still is) of advancing a
licensee (through incentive/reward for effort), onward and upward to the
earned priveleges of expanded band use.

You rail, indeed moan, that you should be afforded the same priveleges as
those who have earned their just rewards while your desire is to sit back
and wait for the priveleges to be handed to you.

The only imagined damage that has been fomented toward you by CW advocates
is that they oft call you on the carpet for expounding day after day that
Ham Radio should not be "dumbed down" to meet your selfish wishes. You take
umbrage that they have the "gasp!" audacity to refute your weak arguments.

Life's a bitch, ain't it, Mark? Why should anybody have to work for
anything?
It's like saying they don't deserve it.

Old December 2nd 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

The Indians use to communicate with smoke signals. Learning smoke signals
should be mandatory. This would separate the men from the boys. Smoke
signals are not dependent on electricity. You can use a match or rub two
sticks together. This is the only reliable way of passing messages when all
else fails.

Old December 2nd 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

M Peraaho wrote:
The Indians use to communicate with smoke signals. Learning smoke signals
should be mandatory. This would separate the men from the boys. Smoke
signals are not dependent on electricity. You can use a match or rub two
sticks together. This is the only reliable way of passing messages when all
else fails.

Hey:

Everybody knows if you were in a plane crash and the mic for your vhf am
radio broke, you could always key the transmitter and send morse to
convey your SOS. So, what you propose is very logical, also have the
radio operator learn smoke signals! Then, if not only the mic was
busted, but also the radio itself was busted, you could build a fire,
take your coat and send your SOS!

You fit in here rather well! They like that thinking! grin

JS
Old December 2nd 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

John Smith wrote:
M Peraaho wrote:

But what about drums, maybe the radio operator is not carrying matches.
In that case he would have to take out his pocket knife, hollow out a
log, hunt down some critter, kill and skin the critter, remove the hair
from the hide, dry the hide, stretch the hide over the hollow log and
send "drum signals."

Of course, if he didn't have a pocket knife he would be up the river...
frown

JS

Old December 2nd 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

John Smith wrote:
John Smith wrote:
M Peraaho wrote:

Hey, wait a minute!

Is there a standardized set of smoke and drum signals which are
recognized worldwide? Or, will we need to set up an international
commission to standardize these?

Hmmm. Maybe better to forget the smoke and drum signals and toss morse
along with 'em?

JS
Old December 2nd 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

I learned CW.....Got really good at it and wound up at almost 30
wpm......Then got bored and havent used it in ten years. I have no use for
it anymore whatsoever!

I dont care if they ban it or not....I could care less. As an Extra class op
with 38 years as a ham I do what I want when I want to.

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old December 3rd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

"M Peraaho" wrote in
news
The Indians use to communicate with smoke signals. Learning smoke
signals should be mandatory. This would separate the men from the boys.
Smoke signals are not dependent on electricity. You can use a match or
rub two sticks together. This is the only reliable way of passing
messages when all else fails.

Dear MP,

Please pull your friggen head out of your ass and use your brain for once.

Smoke signals are a line of sight form of communication and you can't see
them at night unless the fire is extremely large, and smoke signals don't
work well in natural disasters like huricanes and tornados. Blind people
can't see them either, they can only smell the smoke.

CW works well all the time, unless you're too lazy or dumb to learn it.
In which case you'll probably want to stick to playing with your matches
and smoke bombs.

SC
Old December 3rd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default CW IS ham radio. You earned buddy, enjoy it.

"Rayburn" wrote in
:

I learned CW.....Got really good at it and wound up at almost 30
wpm......Then got bored and havent used it in ten years. I have no use
for it anymore whatsoever!

I dont care if they ban it or not....I could care less. As an Extra
class op with 38 years as a ham I do what I want when I want to.

You Earned that right too, when you passed the 20 wpm code test, and
you should flaunt it around like I do. Here are some ideas I like:

No-code hams should have to stand up salute when you walk into a room,
even ones in wheelchairs.

You get to sit in a chair at club meetings and if all the chairs are
taken you can make a no-code or nickel ham sit on the floor.

First in line for the refreshments, ahead of the 13wpm hams and the nickel
hams is always nice too. Don't forget your cattle prod.

73 to you my extra class friend, you earned it. Everyone else these days
just wants a welfare handout license.

SC
Old December 3rd 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Rayburn wrote:
I learned CW.....Got really good at it and wound up at almost 30
wpm......Then got bored and havent used it in ten years. I have no use for
it anymore whatsoever!

Rayburn:

Well, you are normal, what more need I say? It's the ones (one?) here
which isn't which worries us!

JS