Old July 13th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default 28.400 is NOT a call channel !

The only 10-meter 'call channel' per the ARRL bandplan is the FM simplex
calling frequency of 29.600. There have been many hams on 10-meters lately
saying that 28.400 USB is a call channel. Not true.

Old July 14th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

"R.F. Burns" wrote in message
The only 10-meter 'call channel' per the ARRL bandplan is the FM simplex
calling frequency of 29.600. There have been many hams on 10-meters lately
saying that 28.400 USB is a call channel. Not true.

By ARRL guidlines it is not, but less than half of licensed Hams belong to
the ARRL and even fewer yet care what the ARRL suggests.
Since 28.400 is not often used anyway, why not use it as a "call channel"?
Provided nobody is carrying on a conversation there, what can it hurt? It
may even be a small boon for those who prefer to not use FM while looking
for a place to congregate.

Now that you have brought this freq. to my attention I will check it out
from time to time, whereas before I would never have given it a second
glance.
Thanks.

Old July 22nd 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

You can call CQ on any frequency young person.

Butch KF5DE
"R.F. Burns" wrote in message
The only 10-meter 'call channel' per the ARRL bandplan is the FM simplex
calling frequency of 29.600. There have been many hams on 10-meters lately
saying that 28.400 USB is a call channel. Not true.

they call this good condition, what would you call it ? mike maghakian Shortwave 21 May 20th 06 08:51 PM
call channel --- what exactly is it? Tom H. General 6 March 16th 04 05:25 AM
call books--- last call Wbelsito Swap 0 January 3rd 04 02:40 PM
i call tomcatgbmi Scanner 2 October 3rd 03 12:23 AM
So what do we call them? K0HB Dx 16 July 14th 03 03:37 AM