RadioBanter

-   -   Hello, new here. (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/136126-hello-new-here.html)

antilaggedboy August 28th 08 05:56 AM

Hello, new here.

Greetings guys, new to this forum. I hope we could share useful things in the future.

Anyway, few weeks ago i have been appointed as the General Manager of my college radio. The radio broadcast range is still college-wide. I want to do some changes to the whole radio station. We still using a one channel stereo output soundcard for the PC, iTunes for the music player, and a simple 8 channel stereo mixer.

I want to improve our station, at least it has proper operating techniques, e.g. multi channel soundcard, proper DJ software, and proper mixer.

Any ideas for the soundcard, software and the mixer, guys?

Thanks a lot.

antilaggedboy August 31st 08 03:19 PM

Hello, this place is dead?

K1DA March 11th 09 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antilaggedboy (Post 644517)
Hello, this place is dead?

Nope just populated by amateur radio operators, not broadcasters. I am sure there is something you can find in google under "LPFM" or "college radio".

328X1 December 16th 09 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antilaggedboy (Post 643963)
Greetings guys, new to this forum. I hope we could share useful things in the future.

Anyway, few weeks ago i have been appointed as the General Manager of my college radio. The radio broadcast range is still college-wide. I want to do some changes to the whole radio station. We still using a one channel stereo output soundcard for the PC, iTunes for the music player, and a simple 8 channel stereo mixer.

I want to improve our station, at least it has proper operating techniques, e.g. multi channel soundcard, proper DJ software, and proper mixer.

Any ideas for the soundcard, software and the mixer, guys?

Thanks a lot.

Since the issue is not related to my limited areas of expertise, but having helped a person who maintained our several local AM/FM commercial broadcast stations, I'd suggest you introduce yourself to the Chief Engineers of your local broadcast stations. Scratch their backs, and they'll more than likely reciprocate. Who knows what 'no longer used goodies' they might give away/sell inexpensively/barter with you on? See if they need an occasional extra pair of hands. Buy them a six pack or at least lunch/dinner. The possibilities are endless.