Old August 28th 08, 05:56 AM
Junior Member

Default Hello, new here.

Greetings guys, new to this forum. I hope we could share useful things in the future.

Anyway, few weeks ago i have been appointed as the General Manager of my college radio. The radio broadcast range is still college-wide. I want to do some changes to the whole radio station. We still using a one channel stereo output soundcard for the PC, iTunes for the music player, and a simple 8 channel stereo mixer.

I want to improve our station, at least it has proper operating techniques, e.g. multi channel soundcard, proper DJ software, and proper mixer.

Any ideas for the soundcard, software and the mixer, guys?

Thanks a lot.
Old August 31st 08, 03:19 PM
Junior Member

Hello, this place is dead?
Old March 11th 09, 05:43 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilaggedboy View Post
Hello, this place is dead?
Nope just populated by amateur radio operators, not broadcasters. I am sure there is something you can find in google under "LPFM" or "college radio".
Old December 16th 09, 08:30 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilaggedboy View Post
Greetings guys, new to this forum. I hope we could share useful things in the future.

Anyway, few weeks ago i have been appointed as the General Manager of my college radio. The radio broadcast range is still college-wide. I want to do some changes to the whole radio station. We still using a one channel stereo output soundcard for the PC, iTunes for the music player, and a simple 8 channel stereo mixer.

I want to improve our station, at least it has proper operating techniques, e.g. multi channel soundcard, proper DJ software, and proper mixer.

Any ideas for the soundcard, software and the mixer, guys?

Thanks a lot.
Since the issue is not related to my limited areas of expertise, but having helped a person who maintained our several local AM/FM commercial broadcast stations, I'd suggest you introduce yourself to the Chief Engineers of your local broadcast stations. Scratch their backs, and they'll more than likely reciprocate. Who knows what 'no longer used goodies' they might give away/sell inexpensively/barter with you on? See if they need an occasional extra pair of hands. Buy them a six pack or at least lunch/dinner. The possibilities are endless.