Old February 17th 11, 01:39 AM
Junior Member

Smile Hello From Palmdale, Ca.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dale and live in palm dale, Ca. I have been around radios almost all my life except for the last 15 years. My first radio was a Hammerlund HQ120 that I could not keep functional anymore along with a Hammerlund HQ200. I also have had a old national that I could never make work.

In the mid 80s I started to do scanner listening using a old Radio shack Pro 2003 that still works today. I also have a new Uniden 996xt as well as a BCT15x as my backbone for scanner listening now.

I was also really into CB radio in the 80s and still have most of my equipment put away in storage. Some of the equipment was A Galaxy 500. Cobra 2000, Cobra 142 and all have been worked over along with some linear amps.

Back in the late 80s I purchased an Icom IC-R71a to take the place of my dead hammerlund radios. The Icom is the reason I am here and will post why on another thread.

Anyways that is a little about my self and Hello......