Old June 27th 03, 10:23 AM
Nick

Default WANTED - Pegasus Book of Radio Experiments

For sentimental reasons, I'm trying to get hold of a copy of

"The Pegasus Book of Radio Experiments" by F.G. Rayer

If you have a copy sitting on a shelf somewhere - I'd be willing to make an
offer for it!

Best Regards,
Nick

Old June 27th 03, 10:58 AM
Brian Reay

"Nick" wrote in message
For sentimental reasons, I'm trying to get hold of a copy of

"The Pegasus Book of Radio Experiments" by F.G. Rayer

If you have a copy sitting on a shelf somewhere - I'd be willing to make

an
offer for it!

I'm pretty sure I remember that book- it must have been published mid
1960s, 1 1/2" thick, hardcover, white and green dust cover and printed on
thick rough paper. Mainly valve (IT4s, DF91s, and DAF9?) projects but
transistors had crept in, OC44s and the like. . If you find one with the
print read off it then it is probably the copy I used back then ;-)

FG Rayer (G3OGR) had a son, who I understand was also licensed. I can't see
a Rayer listed in the callbook I have to hand but it may be worth trying to
locate him. FG Rayer also wrote extensively for PW and possibly "Radio
Constructor". I recall a feature on FGR (by his son I think) in PW, must
have been Sept or Oct last year.

--
73
Brian

and

www.qsl.net/g8osn for FREE training material for the UK Foundation and
Intermediate Licences

Old June 28th 03, 05:20 PM
mike hardy

for sale 1 year old kenwood ts2000x hf/6/2/70cm/23.built in atu dtmf mic and
sp-23 speaker,with built in tnc for monitoring the cluster £1550 or swap
icom ic-756pro II.
PHONE MIKE 01226742971 OR MOB 07791754432

--
Mike Hardy
M0FCG - M1KEY