Old July 4th 03, 12:17 AM
Don Souter

Default Hunky contestants vie to be Seattle's Reigning Man

by Teriyaki Temple

This past Saturday at ASA Mercer Auditorium a large crowd gathered to watch
36 of Seattle's hottest men compete for the title of "Seattle's Reigning
Man." The model search was produced by SeaCast Talent and Promotions and
was hosted by KUBE 93 FM's Terri Free and boasts to have found Seattle's
Hottest Men. The Competition consisted of four categories including
Photography, Denim, Club Wear, and Undergear/Underwear.

The top 15 winners selected have the honor of being in "Seattle's Reigning
Men Calendar 2004-2005" which is set to be released in early to mid August.
Keep your eyes peeled for these hotties because they will be making public
appearances at various locations on Broadway, in local malls and possibly
on the KOMO program Northwest Afternoon.

I had the opportunity to slip backstage into the dressing room during the
competition and speak to some of contestants. I was fortunate enough to
bump into SML's very own Tony Buff (last year's Washington State Mr.
Leather) and asked him what he had hoped to get out of the competition. He
said that he was mainly there to have fun and hopefully make it into the
calendar (which he did! I had no doubts that he would!) He also said that
he hopes that it will be platform to help him get his foot in the door if
he decides he would like to further pursue modeling or other jobs in the
entertainment field. I wish Tony the best of luck and give him my full
support for any of his future endeavors.

While backstage I also got to peek at all the cuties changing into their
undies in preparation for underwear segment. My presence backstage was
called into question when one of the unsuspecting straight competitors
asked me what I was doing there. I told him that my name was Teri and that
I was with the press. He said, "That's great, what paper are you with?" I
said, "SGN." He said, "I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the paper." And I
replied, "Sorry, SGN stands for Seattle Gay News. So you need not worry
about your nudity, because that means I'm a Lesbian."

After a good chuckle with some friends I returned to the auditorium to
watch them announce the winners. I agreed with many of their choices but
something bothered me though. All of the men in the competition were
beautiful, studly and I would gladly go on a date with any of them but I
think that all of Seattle's hottest men weren't represented because some of
Seattle's hottest mean are too shy to show their goods to a large audience.

After the competition I conducted my own search for Seattle's hottest men
and here are some photos of who I found. (Also I'm working on a future
article of Seattle's Most Eligible Gay Bachelors, so if you know of any
single guys please email me at . Thanks a million!