Old July 8th 03, 06:57 AM
Alberto

Default GOING TO MONTREAL - HAM INFOS PLS

I'm lookin for Canadian's HAMs for getting following infos:

- does Canada's PTT accept CEPT licenses operate temporaly in its
territory ?

- does exist an Echolink's linked repeater(s) in Montreal's area

- a list of good HAM shops in Montral and vicinity

Thanks

Albert.
Old July 8th 03, 04:35 PM
Michael Black

Alberto ) writes:
I'm lookin for Canadian's HAMs for getting following infos:

- does Canada's PTT accept CEPT licenses operate temporaly in its
territory ?

- does exist an Echolink's linked repeater(s) in Montreal's area

- a list of good HAM shops in Montral and vicinity

Thanks

Albert.

I had to look up the answer to the first question. Apparently you
can. The governing body in Canada is Industry Canada by the way.
The national amateur radio group is the Radio Amateurs of Canada,
and their website is http://www.rac.ca They have a bit about CEPT
there, and you can go directly to it at http://www.rac.ca/cept.htm
But some of the other pages on the site likely would be useful to a visitor.

There isn't much in the way of local amateur radio stores. Traditionally,
they tended to be mixed in with other operations, ie a store selling
electronic components, and those old school stores have all faded away.
The one amateur radio specific store closed a few years back.

There is Radio H.F. http://www.total.net/~radiohf but while they
sell some ham equipment, it seems more about shortwave receiving equipment,
and I'm not even sure if they've got a walk in store anymore. But
if Sheldon doesn't have what you might be looking for, likely he
could point you to something within range.

The RAC site also has a list of ham distributors at
http://www.rac.ca/infopub.htm#commerce and that's worth a look.
I don't know if there is any such store in Ottawa, which is only
two hours or so away. There is a store in Trois Rivieres, but I'm
not sure if that would be close enough, and I can't remember the name.

The provincial organization is RAQI, http://www.raqi.qc.ca

I don't know about the availability of Echolink locally. Someone
else suggested a couple of clubs, and they have both been around for
years. I'm sure someone there could help you. Of course, there
are also a number of local French language ham clubs.

The clubs I know about don't have meetings in the summer. And the
hamfests come in the spring and fall. Of course, you didn't specifiy
when you will be visiting. In the fall, things pick up quite a bit.

It's festival season now, and if you come in the next two months or
so, you're bound to hit one of them.

Michael VE2BVW

BerlinRadio - jeden Tag von 6-21 Uhr Infos über Amateurfunk, CB-Funk, PMR446, BC-DX, viel Musik und mehr! Tom DL1RTK Dx 4 October 28th 04 09:43 AM
BerlinRadio - jeden Tag von 6-21 Uhr Infos über Amateurfunk, CB-Funk, PMR446, BC-DX, viel Musik und mehr! Tom DL1RTK Dx 0 October 25th 04 07:23 AM
NEED INFOS TO MAKE A WINDOM ANTENNA (FD4) F4ATM Laurent Antenna 2 October 1st 04 11:25 PM
R&S SA infos Fred Bartoli Homebrew 0 January 12th 04 11:08 PM
R&S SA infos Fred Bartoli Homebrew 0 January 12th 04 11:08 PM