Old July 11th 03, 12:18 PM
KK4TL

Default The Day has come....

We will get the code dropped. Then on to bigger things.

I predict that profit Stair will be appointed chaplain of Notre Dame University
before this happens.

I predict that "Pastor" Pete Peters will become CEO of the United Negro College
Fund before this happens.

I predict that David J. Smith will fly a black helicopter before this happens.

I predict that Hal Turner will be keynote speaker at the NAACP convention
before this happens.

Just my opinion .. I *could* be wrong. :-)

Old July 12th 03, 04:06 AM
Jim Hampton

Hey, go for it! Just keep in mind that I may be able to send and receive
Morse faster than you can type ...

I love it when folks talk about the speed of the internet. I have
programmed in a number of different languages, but 'cut and paste' doesn't
count in my book. Yes, one guy I worked with used to brag how he 'prepared'
his essays in college using 'cut and paste'. My question is, how fast can
someone actually send a message without cut and paste?

Dang, original thought has reappeared as 'vapourware'.

For the record, 40 per was the fastest test administered by the Navy at
Bainbridge, Md. I had perfect copy. How much faster I could go, I don't
know. I doubt it was much more that 50, however. So, the question is, can
you put 50 words per minute out on your keyboard? Hmmmm ... BTW, I could
hit bursts of 92 words per minute on a 100 word per minute teletype back
when. Ok, so I'm getting slow. Care to bet that I can't do 60? How about
70 on my keyboard? That doesn't matter; the question is, can you do 40 per
with *no* errors.

Your ball!

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old July 14th 03, 09:53 PM
Robert Casey

LA Davies wrote:

Lloyd Davies, N0VFP
Future no-code Extra
FT-817

Oh damm! My extra-lite will be watered down....! :-)
(I haven't used code so long I have since forgot it all).