Old July 16th 03, 02:53 AM
Dick

Default Yaesu FT-8900 Software

Got my programing software from RT Software for the FT-8900 radio.The
software is great and makes programing much easier for those who want to set
up their radio.Just thought I would let you all know.

Happy Hammin!

Old July 16th 03, 04:03 AM
Gary S.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:53:32 GMT, "Dick" wrote:

Got my programing software from RT Software for the FT-8900 radio.The
software is great and makes programing much easier for those who want to set
up their radio.Just thought I would let you all know.

For any of these newer style units with over 100 memories, it would be
almost insane to try to set them up through their own keypads.

Giving alpha labels to everthing is especially difficult.

Also, this means you have a backup copy of your programming on your
PC, and can readily print out a hard copy to work with others or as an
ultimate backup.

In cases where both RT Systems and Yaesu make programming software,
the consensus seems to be that RT Systems is easier to use.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old July 16th 03, 01:06 PM
Steve Stone

The software is from RT Systems. It seems to have some bugs as reported on
the 8900 Yahoo group. Will not pull frequencies into the computer that are
outside of the 2 meter / 440 Mhz range. Will not properly program text into
the radio display. Some problems with hyper memory programming. More bugs
being reported every hour. See the Yahoo FT-8900R group for the details.

Steve

--

Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply.

Old July 16th 03, 01:16 PM
Gary S.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:06:35 GMT, "Steve Stone"
wrote:

The software is from RT Systems. It seems to have some bugs as reported on
the 8900 Yahoo group. Will not pull frequencies into the computer that are
outside of the 2 meter / 440 Mhz range. Will not properly program text into
the radio display. Some problems with hyper memory programming. More bugs
being reported every hour. See the Yahoo FT-8900R group for the details.

Steve

Not having the 8900, I cannot comment on details of that particular
software.

But their tech support has been helpful on the few occasions I have
needed to contact them.