Old July 19th 03, 10:13 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:39:23 GMT, John Popelish
wrote:

Paul Burridge wrote:

Feed the square output to a coil+capacitor in parallel and you'll get
a sine wave. Tune the this 'tank' circuit for harmonics of the
funamental and you can double, triple, quadruple and so on the
original square wave's frequency.

This works pretty good at the third and fifth harmonics, but there is
no second or fourth harmonic in a perfect square wave.

Good point, John. But fortunately, I've never generated a *perfect*
square wave! :-) In practice, it's probably more accurate to say that
the even harmonics are well down on the odds. Blame it on dv/dt.

Old July 19th 03, 10:15 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:56:55 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Paul Burridge wrote:
Feed the square output to a coil+capacitor in parallel and you'll get
a sine wave. Tune the this 'tank' circuit for harmonics of the
funamental and you can double, triple, quadruple and so on the
original square wave's frequency.

Thank you Paul! This is a good hint. Can you tell me in which book did you
learn it? I would really like to get into this stuff.

Check out 'RF Circuit Design', by Chris Bowick. It's an excellent read
on the subject of RF in general.
Old July 20th 03, 06:56 AM
Rob Judd

Ken Knox wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:47:32 -0700, W7TI wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:42:02 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

0 hz is hardly a 'frequency.'

Of course zero Hz is a frequency. Have you ever had a checkbook balance
of zero? Is that not a balance? :-)

Frequently!!! :-)

I believe this proves that negative frequencies exist!!

Rob
Old July 21st 03, 08:32 PM
Dave Bushong

Rob Judd wrote:

Ken Knox wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:47:32 -0700, W7TI wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:42:02 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

0 hz is hardly a 'frequency.'

_______________________________________________ __________

Of course zero Hz is a frequency. Have you ever had a checkbook balance
of zero? Is that not a balance? :-)

Frequently!!! :-)

I believe this proves that negative frequencies exist!!

Rob

Yes, it does. I just now sent you a message from the future on a
negative frequency. You should be getting it yesterday.

Hey, I should make a movie! Called "Frequency"!

73,
Dave
KZ1O

--

Please yank that last "t" from my email address.
It's "net", not "nett". You know how to do that,

Old July 22nd 03, 02:54 AM
Hank Oredson

"W7TI" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:34:55 GMT, Dave Bushong
wrote:

I'm still stringing up my 0 MHz half-wave dipole. 468/f

db
kz1o

You will never finish. Sorry. :-)

--
Bill, W7TI

It could be shortened by the use of N turn loading coils, where N - infinity.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old July 22nd 03, 12:12 PM
Tom

Dave Bushong wrote:
I believe this proves that negative frequencies exist!!

Yes, it does. I just now sent you a message from the future on a
negative frequency. You should be getting it yesterday.

Errm.... can i get a copy ?

Old July 22nd 03, 11:34 PM
Tom

Old DXer wrote:
Yes, it does. I just now sent you a message from the future on a
negative frequency. You should be getting it yesterday.

Errm.... can i get a copy ?

Careful -- you may end up in swaddling clothes and have to do it all over
again.
Kirk Over!!
Picard - Make It So!

Ok, see you on USS Eldridge. I can't wait to finally meet Tesla, Townsend
Brown and Einstein. They must be somewhere on the ship!

Old July 23rd 03, 10:22 AM
Rob Judd

Tom wrote:

Old DXer wrote:
Yes, it does. I just now sent you a message from the future on a
negative frequency. You should be getting it yesterday.
Errm.... can i get a copy ?

Careful -- you may end up in swaddling clothes and have to do it all over
again.
Kirk Over!!
Picard - Make It So!

Ok, see you on USS Eldridge. I can't wait to finally meet Tesla, Townsend
Brown and Einstein. They must be somewhere on the ship!

Sure. They're down in the games room, watching the 3D television that
Philo T. Farnsworth just invented.