Old July 17th 03, 11:55 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Default alternator whine

Go to radio shack and buy a filter. If they still sell them that is.

Or build one yourself....get a old AM/FM radio. Rip out the AM antenna,
remove the wire. Wind several turns of heavy copper insulated wire around
it. Place a 500 to 1000uf cap on either end to ground. Positive to coil
of course. Connect in series with battery feed line to rig.

If that dont work, go to shielded cable and the filter and maybe reroute the
wire so its not too close to other wires.

Dan/W4NTI

. wrote in message
I just installed a 2 meter Kenwood in my Ford Taurus.

The wire is a fused direct lead to the battery, but there is still an
annoying whine (annoying to my wife). Is there a simple fix? ..., no,
new wife is not an option

Fred / SC

WA4PAV

Old July 20th 03, 06:42 PM
Jerry Oxendine

wrote in message
I just installed a 2 meter Kenwood in my Ford Taurus.

The wire is a fused direct lead to the battery, but there is still an
annoying whine (annoying to my wife). Is there a simple fix? ..., no,
new wife is not an option

Fred / SC

WA4PAV

Yes,

Jack up the Ford and drive a Chevy under it! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Old July 21st 03, 09:04 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Jerry Oxendine" wrote:

Jack up the Ford and drive a Chevy under it!

Too difficult to find a Chevy that will run that long.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I couldn't either.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/