Old July 31st 03, 12:16 AM
Cool Breeze

wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:

I like that..sounds plausable. Oh....when I was learning it and I was
riding in the car with mom I would sound out the Morse on all the
roadsigns I could see. Drove mom nuts, but it helped. Not dot
dash.....di dah.

Dan/W4NTI

Do you want to impress me Dan? Sit shotgun in my Belvedere and
tap out some portable CW in a quarter mile launch!

You cross posting fart.

Cross posting fart

you continue to chase him and do the same thing your crying to him about
......Loser

Old July 31st 03, 01:44 AM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:
wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:

I didn't initiate this thread. Track it down moron.

Dan/W4NTI

Just keep hitting send, you ****ing asshole.

--
GO# 40

OK. Just for you I will keep doing it. Over and Over again. Everytime
I damn well want.

Dan/W4NTI

You act like a 9 year old punk.

--
GO# 40

Let me try and help you moron. I don't give a rats ass what you think.
Clear?

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 31st 03, 07:08 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

The training CD's aren't bad for practicing the code if you know the code
and just want to get better. The real situation is that a person needs to
still learn the code in the beginning. It would the same as if I was
listening to Chinese language and didn't know a word of the Chinese language
versus knowing the language on a basic level and listening to Radio China or
something like that......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
C wrote:
No I am not doing a memorizing of each dit and dah and converting
method. My problem is my brain does not react fast enough to decide what
each character is before the next one is sent. I just get further
behind. I practice at least 20 to 30 minutes usually twice a day if not
more. I use computer programs and ARRL training CDs.

I will check "The Art and Skill of Radiotelegraphy". Thanks for the
encouragement.

Ahh, that training CD! I used it, and failed miserably at it. Turns out
I memorized the darn thing. You might try a program that sends out
random groups or even makes up QSO's.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old July 31st 03, 08:04 AM
D. Stussy

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, see sea oh ecks at you aitch see dot comm wrote:
You know, perhaps Technician class amateurs DO have HF privileges due to
the reference to the old International requirement. However, where in the
Schedule are the specific frequency bands allocated.

I would need to rereat Pt97, but, my guess is that they either have NO
specific allocated frequency bands, or, they would be the same as the Novice
class licence.

Rules: You have obviously NOT been reading very carefully: 47 CFR 97.301(e).

As far as your potential conclusion that no-code technicians have HF privileges
now, that is clearly erroneous.
Old July 31st 03, 08:50 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Definitely a problem if you do not have a HF reciever at all. And those Rat
Shack ones suck for that too. There used to be publication of VHF
rebroadcasts of the w1aw transmissions, but I have yet to hear any around
here in Michigan. Where the hell is the so-called field organization they
are so proud of on this one? Even if it is a members-only thing, still you
would think that the local (state-wise) field organizations would think that
was important enough to rebroadcast.........

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

I still recommend W1AW over any of the "canned" aids. Two downsides of
course are that W1AW does not send Farnsworth and one needs a
half-decent HF rcvr.

http://www.arrl.org/w1aw.html#w1awsked

You sit there with your pen and paper, and struggle to get it
all right. But moving it into the background makes it less important,
and perhaps by simply getting used to the sounds before struggling
to get it all, it might all come easier.

w3rv

Michael VE2BVW

Old July 31st 03, 09:52 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

A completely different issue I had and/or have is not the speed as much as
the audio pitch of the code being sent. It's hard as hell to get a VE team
to adjust the pitch/tone sound at all if they even bother to send with a
key. Hell, a couple of them are only using premade CD's, which are played a
fixed rate and since most VE's are not frivolous (at all), they usually only
have a "basic" cd player, and would not have equipment capable of code at a
lower tone but keeping the same speed.

I say this because my hearing loss makes me hear "normally" sent code at its
"proper" pitch rate as one long solid tone, as if you placed a finger on a
straight key and never lifted up at all while sending. In other words, if
there was a 2 minute QSO in morse code being sent at its "normal" pitch, it
sounds like a 2 minute long T to me. If I lower the frequency of the tone
of the amount of at least 200-250hz less, to where it starts becoming a more
rich, bass(y) sounding tone, then I can distinguish the difference between a
dit and a dah.

On a lighter note, I think my ex-wife had a voice in the same range as being
sent at most VE sessions...... she said I never listened to her!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Don't email. TELEPHONE them. Ask them what is the character speed and

what
is the overall word speed. They can have the character speed at 13 (or
faster), but the spacing must be adjusted to end up at 5wpm overall. It

is
not proper test procedure to have the test at an actual 13wpm when it is
supposed to be 5wpm.

Talk to the VE team leader that you will eventually be testing under so

that
you do get the correct character speed for the test that you will be
planning to take.

Finally try to find someone who is knowledgeable in correct training

methods
to "Elmer" you if at all possible.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 31st 03, 12:08 PM
Brian

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message ...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message

Yeah its tough now Dee. When I took mine is was solid copy at 20 wpm

for
one solid minute out of five. Oh well.

Dan/W4NTI

And uphill both ways in 6 foot of snow...

You know Brian I don't give a rats ass if you believe me or not. Ask
ANYBODY that took it in the 70s and earlier.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, sob stories can be true or false, really doesn't matter. But if
the exam is unnecessary, why tell your sob story?

Do you want sympathy?
Old July 31st 03, 08:59 PM
Cool Breeze

wrote in message

Which group is he in? I know it's not rec.radio.cb, and I know his
drivel has no purpose here. Leg humper.

--
GO# 40

I am not sure cross post to all of them so you can be more of a hypocrite...
assclown