Old July 27th 03, 03:41 PM
Tim English

Default Help with Amp Keying Relay in TS-930S

Just acquired a Kenwood TS-930S but did not get any manuals with it.
Can someone tell me where I can get a relay output to key my SB-200
amplifier? There are REMOTE and TRANSVERTER plugs on the back of the
rig so I assume there is a relay closure back there someplace. Any
help would be appreciated.
--
Tim, K8TJ
(ex-WB8OGM)

Old July 28th 03, 07:41 AM
Zoran Brlecic

Tim English wrote:
Just acquired a Kenwood TS-930S but did not get any manuals with it.
Can someone tell me where I can get a relay output to key my SB-200
amplifier? There are REMOTE and TRANSVERTER plugs on the back of the
rig so I assume there is a relay closure back there someplace. Any
help would be appreciated.

Just like any other Kenwood HF rig, the 930 is using the 7-pin DIN
REMOTE connector for an amp interface.

Pinout:

1. (speaker out) n/a
2. amp relay common
3. (PTT standby) n/a
4. amp relay transmit (closed on TX)
5. amp relay receive (closed on RX)
6. ALC input from amp
7. +12V DC on TX

73 ... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old July 28th 03, 05:07 PM
Zoran Brlecic

Clif wrote:
Your information is incorrect for the later models.

Well, I copied it from my 850 manual, so I don't see how it could be
wrong for the later models. What is the pinout then?

73 ... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly