Old July 30th 03, 03:35 AM
Scott Ehrlich

Default Icom 706MKiiG and SDA-100 require a tuner?

I recently learned the Alinco radio I posted about before is no longer
available from HRO. Instead, I'm now directing my attention to the 706
MKIIG and an SDA-100. I've read good reviews about the SDA-100. What
are people's experiences with this combo in the city? (I'm in Boston)

From what I gather, I will not need an intermediate antenna tuner between
the rig and the antenna. Is this true?

It also does not appear the 706 permits direct frequency entry from the
optional dtmf mic. Is this true? If so, I found
http://www.john.hansen.net/keypad.htm which looks like a good deal.

Comments welcome.

Thanks.

Scott, WY1Z