Old August 6th 03, 06:53 PM
Killa T

Default Bush's policies send state finances into the toilet

****ing die of Aids you faggot ass troll!

"Sidewinder" wrote in message
ll.eu.org...
From Reuters, 8/2/03:

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/polit...s-economy.html

By REUTERS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Democrats on Saturday said President Bush's economic policies have
done little to create jobs and have forced many state and local
governments to raise taxes and cut spending for education, public
safety and health care.

Virginia Gov. Mark Warner said in the weekly Democratic radio address
that while Bush and his Republican allies in Congress voice support
for popular education and health care programs, they have not backed
it up with federal financing.

``So while the president pats himself on the back for cutting taxes,
the hard reality is that his political victory ends up simply passing
the burden down to your state and local governments,'' Warner said.

Warner criticized Bush's economic policies saying the president is now
on track for the worst job creation record since Herbert Hoover was
president during the Great Depression.

Bush has been touting his policies; and members of his economic team,
including Treasury Secretary John Snow, have been traveling around the
country talking up the benefits of his tax cuts.

Warner said the economy has lost some 3.1 million jobs and that a $236
billion surplus inherited by Bush has been turning into a record $455
billion deficit.

He noted that leading sheet and towel maker Pillowtex Corp. shut all
of its 16 plants just this week and terminated thousands of jobs, many
in Virginia.

``The administration's tax cut policies offer little for these workers
and millions of other men and women like them,'' Warner said.

FAIR USE NOTICE: This post contains copyrighted material the use of which
has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. I am
making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of
environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific,
and
social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any
such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US
Copyright
Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107

Old August 6th 03, 11:33 PM
King Pineapple

Smirking College Kid "Sidewinder" hopefully wrote in
message ll.eu.org...

By REUTERS

Recently, Reuters reported a loss of $631
million, the largest in its 150-year history.
In addition, Reuters announced 3,000 job
cuts, along with the 3,200 jobs cut over
the past two years. Reuters' market
capitalization has plunged by almost 90
percent from its peak, and Reuters' stock
has fallen to a 14-year low.

Old August 7th 03, 05:08 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Killa T" wrote:

SNIP all

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 7th 03, 05:31 AM
King Pineapple

Waste of Bandwidth "Agent Smith" wrote in
message news:3f8a938b.870867981@feednread...

Where's your cite Skippy?

From a leak from a Democrat. First, some background on the Dem who did the
leaking:

"CNN obtained a copy of the letter Boyd sent to Sen. Patrick Leahy,
D-Vermont,"

Remember, Leahy was also cited and punished for leaking CLASSIFED
intelligence info back in the 1990s.

"Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., (then-)vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence
Committee, inadvertently disclosed a top secret communications intercept
during a [1985] television interview," reported the San Diego Union-Tribune
in a 1987 editorial criticizing Congress' penchant for partisan leaks.

"The intercept, apparently of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's telephone
conversations, made possible the capture of the Arab terrorists who had
hijacked the cruise ship Achille Lauro and murdered American citizens," the
paper said, adding, "The reports cost the life of at least one Egyptian
operative involved in the operation."

In July 1987, the Washington Times reported that Leahy leaked secret
information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan
administration to topple Lybian strongman Moammar Gaddhafi.

"I thought [the operation] was probably the most ridiculous thing I had
seen, and also the most irresponsible," the leading Intelligence Committee
Democrat allegedly said of the secret plan.

Unidentified U.S. intelligence officials told the Times that Leahy, along
with Republican panel chairman Sen. Dave Durenberger, communicated a written
threat to expose the operation directly to then-CIA Director William Casey.

Weeks later, news of the secret plan turned up in the Washington Post,
causing it to be aborted.

Leahy vehemently denied he talked to the press about any of the
administration's covert operations, saying, "I never have, and I'm not going
to start now."

But just a year later, as the Senate was preparing to hold hearings on the
Iran-Contra scandal, the Vermont senator had to resign his Intelligence
Committee post after he was caught leaking secret information to a reporter.

The ranking Intelligence Committee Democrat decided to let an NBC reporter
comb through the committee's confidential draft report on the scandal. The
network aired a report based on the inside information on Jan. 11, 1987.

After a six-month internal investigation, Leahy "voluntarily" stepped down
from his committee post, releasing a statement calling his resignation "a
suitable way to express ... anger and regret" over his lapse.

Leahy's anger, he said, was at himself, "for carelessly allowing the press
person to examine the unclassified draft and to be alone with it."

The Vermont Democrat's Iran-Contra leak was considered to be one of the most
serious breaches of secrecy in the committee's 10-year history.

After Leahy's resignation, the Senate Intelligence Committee decided to
restrict access to committee documents to a security-enhanced meeting room.

In fact, the final committee report turned out to be considerably different
from Leahy's leaked draft.

NewsMax.com first reported those inconvenient details from Leahy's resume in
January, when he was leading the charge against Bush Attorney General
nominee John Ashcroft.

Now that the Vermont Democrat is up to his hold tricks again, trying to
scuttle Mr. Olson's nomination despite stellar character references from
Democratic Party legal stars Laurence Tribe and Robert Bennett, perhaps
Landmark's request will prompt Chairman Shelby to consider filling in the
blanks in Leahy's record.

And this is from a liberal news outlet, no less. When will you idiots ever
learn?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/...lorida.voting/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Justice Department has concluded that the vast
majority of Floridians were not denied their right to vote during the 2000
presidential elections, and that the few problems that did exist could not
have affected George W. Bush's victory, CNN has learned.

"The Civil Rights Division found no credible evidence in our investigations
that Floridians were intentionally denied their right to vote during the
November 2000 election," Assistant Attorney General Ralph Boyd wrote in a
letter to Capitol Hill on Tuesday.

CNN obtained a copy of the letter Boyd sent to Sen. Patrick Leahy,
D-Vermont, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. The letter was sent
panel last week.

Justice Department officials declined comment, but confirmed Boyd had sent a
letter to the Senate committee.

Boyd appeared May 21 before the committee and disclosed that lawsuits will
likely be brought against three Florida counties following an 18-month
investigation.

"Let me be clear, the Civil Rights Division's investigations identified only
a limited number of Floridians who were unable to vote, a number that does
not reasonably cast any doubt on President Bush's several hundred vote
margin of victory in Florida," Boyd said.

"We did identify and speak with voters who told us they experienced
difficulty while voting," Boyd said. "We also found some localized, but
significant pockets of confusion and delay in certain counties, often
resulting from lack of language assistance," Boyd said.

"I want to emphasize however that while these conditions may have been
significant in some areas, the Civil Rights Division has identified very few
voters who actually were prevented from voting or left the polls because of
these conditions," he concluded.

The civil rights chief did not identify the three counties where lawsuits
are expected to be filed, but said most of the difficulties involved
language problems and lack of assistance for Spanish-speaking voters. In one
county, two Haitian-speaking voters were denied language assistance, Boyd
said.

"I am pleased to say that these three jurisdictions are cooperating in our
efforts to address deficiencies in their voting procedures," Boyd said.

"You can change the outcome of any election you want" -Bill Clinton

Old August 7th 03, 06:01 AM
Killa T

You're a faggot to.

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Killa T" wrote:

SNIP all

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old August 7th 03, 06:32 PM
King Pineapple

Clueless College Kid "GM" wrote in message

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 04:31:16 GMT, King Pineapple blubbered from Quincy,

MA:

LOL. What makes you think (and I use the word "think" loosely here) I am
blubbering from Quincy MA?

BTW, Earthlink refuses to carry the "wtc bush-knew" newsgroup.

"Bush may be a moron of sorts, but he is not stupid"
Eric Alterman