Old August 13th 03, 12:26 AM
Indianaradio

Just what we need. More CB'ers on ham radio. The Ham bands have gone to hell
since the ARRL BS of the seventies.
I agree, get rid of the CW but go back to the written test of the fifities. And
out law the Bash crap.
But heck, I'm only dreaming. It will NEVER happen. Glad I was run off by the
CB'ers. I don't miss that BS.
Your guy's loss.

Old August 13th 03, 04:22 AM
Jim Hampton

No, Mopar, the VEs charge. It used to be free at the FCC, but, for me at
least, that meant a 60 mile trip (120 miles round trip) to the FCC in
Buffalo, NY, and one minute of perfect copy at 20 words per minute. When I
had dropped my tickets and decided to retest in 1993, I believe it was under
$6.00 for the session. That was 20 words per minute, but multiple guess.
Now it is 5 words per minute, but the testing charge is considerably higher
(don't ask me, I don't know. I simply showed up for the tests in '93. You
don't have to score 100%). So, while someone may pay for the exam, that 120
mile round trip savings is worth something. Don't worry too much though. I
hear the FCC is going to try to package the licenses in boxes of Cracker
Jax.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

wrote in message
West Coast Radio wrote:
Sounds like you old pro-coders are getting upset! I worked and had to
pay to get my no-code ticket.

You paid someone to help you get through a dumbed down IQ test?

Heads up. This guy is your next extra class. dit dat..

--
GO# 40

---

Old August 13th 03, 04:27 AM

wrote in message
West Coast Radio wrote:
Sounds like you old pro-coders are getting upset! I worked and had
to pay to get my no-code ticket.

You paid someone to help you get through a dumbed down IQ test?

Heads up. This guy is your next extra class. dit dat..

They don't have me worried yet, Jim. Note to self: buy some
Cracker Jax stock.

Or they will come with the radio, you take the te$t and mail
it back with a check.

--
GO# 40