Old November 20th 03, 08:58 PM
Robert Casey

Robert Casey wrote:

High SWR wrote:

No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in
dumbing things down.

CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on,
come on back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds.
No Doubt yer gettin out, come on back...

Yeah, right. I haven't heard lingo like that on any ham bands, even
since restructuring
happened......

Exception: Right now on 28.085 I hear CB like comms in AM mode. But
none sound like
hams. Besides AM isn't permitted here, this is a data/code subband.

Old November 20th 03, 11:36 PM
Brian Hill

Oh! Boy!
--
73 and good DXing!

Brian's Radio Universe
http://home.jps.net/~jonnysocko/

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
I can't imagine any ham wanting to go back to meters after getting used to
LCD displays.
I have a 1 meter 2 metre radio, but it's pretty old.

-Barry

Old November 21st 03, 12:29 AM
Steveo

Robert Casey wrote:
Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

Right now (nov 20 20:50 zulu) on 28.085 I hear CB like comms (AM).
Sounds as
crowded as a regular legal CB channel. None of it really copyable, with
all the
power mics and ratchet-jaw lingo. QTH in NNJ, nothing over S3.

You speak Spanish?
Old November 21st 03, 02:50 AM
Jerry Oxendine

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
link.net...
One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

And YOU can help! Get out there and listen on the road.
Get the tag # of the tractor (not of the trailer), date, time,
highway, milepost or exit number. Send this info to .
Make a difference: this is how those
other truckers got warned--individual hams who quietly
listened and accurately reported the above data. RH will
then respond IF, again, the info is accurate. Each ham
can make a difference and stop that "tan-fer thar, drivah,
ah know you rah't, fer-tan thar SQUEAK!!" If we don't, we will eventually
hear them beeping and squeaking their
way along on 17 Meters.

The way to "trap" a driver is to quietly cruise along. Do NOT talk to them
or get into an argument! Simply overtake a trucker who *may* be operating
on 28.085 AM. As you pass, or he passes you, he may be curious
about "them 'funny antenners' thar" and comment to you
about it (or other truckers). It is then you copy down the
tag # on the FRONT of the tractor, the DOT # (this confirms the identity of
the truck), the direction of travel and milepost (or exit), date and time.
Also the company name. Send it in! Done correctly, the "man" will send out
a warning notice to the company holding THEM responsible for their drivers'
actions. It is legal and enforc-able.

73

Jerry

73

Jerry

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
| High SWR wrote:
|
| No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in dumbing
| things down.
|
| CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on, come
on
| back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds. No Doubt

yer
| gettin out, come on back...
|

| Yeah, right. I haven't heard lingo like that on any ham bands, even
| since restructuring
| happened......
|
| CQ no kids, lids or space cadets......

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old November 21st 03, 06:33 AM
BDK

In article , moparholic@hotmail-
nospam-.com says...
Robert Casey wrote:
Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

Right now (nov 20 20:50 zulu) on 28.085 I hear CB like comms (AM).
Sounds as
crowded as a regular legal CB channel. None of it really copyable, with
all the
power mics and ratchet-jaw lingo. QTH in NNJ, nothing over S3.

You speak Spanish?

Oooooooooohla! Oooooooohla!

BDK

Old November 21st 03, 05:00 PM
AntiKeyclown

Steveo wrote in message ...
Robert Casey wrote:
Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

Right now (nov 20 20:50 zulu) on 28.085 I hear CB like comms (AM).
Sounds as
crowded as a regular legal CB channel. None of it really copyable, with
all the
power mics and ratchet-jaw lingo. QTH in NNJ, nothing over S3.

You speak Spanish?

He might not, but you speak FAGLISH...you rimmer.

FCC rule 2.815(b): After APR 27, 1978, no person shall manufacture,
sell or lease, offer for sale or lease (including advertising for
sale or lease), or import, ship, or distribute for the purpose of
selling or leasing or offering for sale or lease, any external radio
frequency amplifier or amplifier kit capable of operation on any
frequency or frequencies between 24 and 35 MHz.
Old November 22nd 03, 12:06 AM
Richard Cranium

"Jerry Oxendine" wrote in message ...
[...]

Great idea, Jerry! Pile Riley's desk full with all sorts of false
reports so he won't believe any of you!

*may*?? You better be damned certain when you file a report!
Entrapment is also a crime, goodbuddy.
Old November 22nd 03, 07:17 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Richard Cranium" wrote in message
om...
[...]

If you are just observing (and reporting what you hear and see) and not
talking, that is not entrapment.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old November 22nd 03, 07:54 PM
Jerry Oxendine

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Richard Cranium" wrote in message
om...
"Jerry Oxendine" wrote in message

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
link.net...
One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

And YOU can help! Get out there and listen on the road.
Get the tag # of the tractor (not of the trailer), date, time,
highway, milepost or exit number. Send this info to

..
[...]

EXACTLY!! You are simply a "witness" or a "bystander". You have not done
anything to entrap
anybody. Ain't it neat? LOL!~

Jerry