Old August 31st 03, 02:09 AM
susan carrigan

Default Trouble Joining USAF MARS

I wonder if anyone else has found that it takes a long time (months) to go
through the apparently simple process of joining USAF MARS. Feel free to
e-mail replies to , or post here. Thanks!
73/Tom/NE1R

Old September 21st 03, 07:44 AM
Howard

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 05:45:26 GMT, Dean wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:49:33 GMT, Steve Silverwood
wrote:

[This followup was posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc and a copy was sent

MARS is the most boring crap I've ever heard. It's outmoded and dying
as it's members kick off one at a time. It's like listening to a car
rust.

Funny that we've never heard the military members and their families
that it serves say that. It is getting pathetic the number of people
who want to run down anything that isn't new or doesn't involve a
computer and the internet. Other modes are fine, but try to advocate
your favorites without running down the others

Howard
N3TNQ

Old September 21st 03, 05:58 PM
Dean

wrote:

[This followup was posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc and a copy was sent

MARS is the most boring crap I've ever heard. It's outmoded and dying
as it's members kick off one at a time. It's like listening to a car
rust.

Funny that we've never heard the military members and their families
that it serves say that. It is getting pathetic the number of people
who want to run down anything that isn't new or doesn't involve a
computer and the internet. Other modes are fine, but try to advocate
your favorites without running down the others

Howard
N3TNQ

E-mail is as common as the telephone. MARS serves no purpose since
satellite and cellular have taken over. MARS is dying just like code.
Both served it's purpose in it's day but the day has come. I'm not
slamming MARS but the frequencies it occupies could be used for other
things.

Old September 21st 03, 09:19 PM
Howard

wrote:

[...]

Cellular???? How many locations with troops in the field overseas
have cellular access? How many of those same troops have access to a
sattelite hookup? Check your facts. Listen to the troops who have
actually used it, including some of those currently deployed.

Howard
N3TNQ