Old September 2nd 03, 09:36 AM
nodriver

Default Help: Seeking info on amatuer radio..

Hello.

I'm not actually "new to amatuer radio". I'm not involved in radio at
all.

But I'd like to be. I've found that the idea really interests me. A
friend of mine at work is into it and after just talking with him for
a few minutes I found myself being really fascinated at the idea.

So I wonder if some of you might be willing to give me your input.
What is it that you love about your radio experience? What are some
of your better experiences with it? What neat things have you done
with it? Just basically what is your history with it?

Also... considering myself to be a person at the absolute having
nothing starting point, perhaps some of you might be willing to write
out a very brief road map from where I am now to being fully up and
operational.

What equipment to I have to buy, and how much does it cost? What
classes, courses or education do I need to aquire to know what I'm
doing and where is it offered?

Those types of things.

I'm really excited about this idea. And I would really appreciate any
feedback at all.

Also if there is something that you feel is pertinent that I have
failed to ask about... please feel free to comment on it.

Thank you.