Old September 9th 03, 07:14 PM
harry

Default carrier pulsing 913 mhz

Hi Folks:
I've been following this carrier around, that I suspected might
have been interfering with my cordless phone. It pulses around
913mHz, 100ms pulses or so, 3/sec or so. Occasionally, a longer pulse
of 500mS or so. I jumped in the truck with a spectrum analyzer on
SSB, and everywhere I drove, I heard it. Almost constant signal
strength. I stopped and ended up putting a beam on the analyzer and
with the spectrum analyzer in the truck running on an inverter, it
seemed to be coming from inside the truck, but the signal was now
varying.. It had a characteristic chirp, as if it was not
phase-locked. I then plugged the analyzer in an outlet in a building.
Funny the signal was still there. I disconnected a battery cable in
the truck. Still there! When I approached the door of the building,
the signal was quite strong..
Where was it coming from?
Ready?

My Motorola numeric pager!
RX freq., 931.8125mHz, carrier on 913.913mHz.
IF 17.8995mHz.

It can be heard about 50 feet from the spectrum analyzer!

Cool huh!!

Take Care!
Harry