Old September 21st 03, 06:42 AM
Dean

On 20 Sep 2003 23:04:25 GMT, Lloyd wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:19:06 -0400, KC0??? wrote:
You just don't get it do ya, DUMBASS. Were you there? I was. It did go
down. It did not work. It failed, and so do you pudding cup. Bite my ass.

It didn't go down. I was on the hurricane net via nasouth at the time
and listened to multiple stations from the affected area check in
throughout all of Thursday afternoon. The exercise will be written up
in both QST and CQ in a couple of months, from what I understand.

Just because YOUR connection went down, Chicken Little, doesn't mean
that the whole world's went down. It just means that you don't have
the technical smarts to deal with new technologies like Echolink and
IRLP (which is connected to Echolink, BTW).

So bite MY ass, Goldilocks, and go back to your appliance operations.
You clearly shouldn't be hanging out with the big boys of ham radio.

Get your General lardass or shut the hell up. You'll wait until the
code is done away with then get your HF privileges. Too bad you can't
sting up a dipole in your 1 bedroom apartment, lardass.
Old September 22nd 03, 03:48 PM
Radioman

the technical smarts to deal with new technologies like Echolink and
IRLP (which is connected to Echolink, BTW).

It way have been connected during the emergency, but there are some basic
differences between the two. IRLP is REPEATER LINKING. This does not mean
using your PC as a radio like Echolink. You are not allowed to connect to
IRLP with a computer, you must use a radio.

I don't use echolink because I cannot be guaranteed a radio on the other end.
I haven't used IRLP much because it's fake skip. I can talk real skip on my
old 11 meter radio. It's not legal, but you can't stop mother nature.

P.S. I use all radios, Ham, MURS, FRS, CB, scanners, SWL, cellphone, etc.
TV sucks. I don't watch it.