Old September 22nd 03, 07:32 PM
Jon Lackow

Default below .535?

Kinda new to this whole thing, but I was wondering if anyone could tell
me about what the frequencies below the AM band are allocated/used for?
Thanks!

--
Jon

dona nobis pacem.
Old September 22nd 03, 09:02 PM
Spurious Noise

For a spectrum chart showing all frequencies and useage -- including
frequencies up to 530 kHz -- see URL:
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/chp04chart.pdf

Frequecies below 530 kHz classified as:
Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) 0 to 3 KHz
Very Low Frequency (VLF) 3 KHz to 30 KHz
Radio Navigation &
maritime/aeronautical mobile 9 KHz to 540 KHz
Low Frequency (LF) 30 KHz to 300 KHz

Also see Longwave Non-Directional Beacons (NDBs)

--
73 -- Spurious Noise