Old September 23rd 03, 05:36 PM
Michael Ransburg

Default Theoretical Question

Hello!

Can someone point out any mistakes in the following conclusion? I'm
just trying to find out if my understanding of stuff is correct.

If I transmit a signal at a frequency of 2.4 GHz (2 400 000 000 Hz),
the wavelength of that signal is 12.5 cm (speed of light/frequency in
Hz). One wavelength can transport one bit of information in one wave
length. In one second the signal travels ~300 000 km (speed of light).
So I have 2 400 000 000 waves per second, which translates to 2 400
000 000 Bit per second. This translates to a "raw" throughput of ~2289
MBit / s.

This seems to be a bit high looking at current gear on the market, but
I guess much gets lost in error detection/recovery and stuff. Anyways,
can any of you pros take a short look on it and point out any mistakes
I made?

cheers
Mike
Old September 23rd 03, 05:40 PM
BIGAL

I DONT CARE WHAT FREQUENCY YOU TRANSMIT ON AS LONG AS ITS NOT 3894.5. THAT
IS MINE MINE MINE BECAUSE MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

om...

Old September 24th 03, 11:49 AM
Michael Ransburg

"BIGAL" wrote in message ...
I DONT CARE WHAT FREQUENCY YOU TRANSMIT ON AS LONG AS ITS NOT 3894.5. THAT
IS MINE MINE MINE BECAUSE MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

Wow, I managed to find the troll trigger with my very first post to
this group. That's nice =)

Unfortunately, your attempt to troll was neither funny nor
intelligent, so I'll only give you a 2 on the troll-o-meter, but
please keep trying, I'll happily re-evaluate your performance at any
given time

Old September 24th 03, 06:59 PM
B I G A L

"BIGAL" wrote in message

I DONT CARE WHAT FREQUENCY YOU TRANSMIT ON AS LONG AS ITS NOT 3894.5.

THAT
IS MINE MINE MINE BECAUSE MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

Wow, I managed to find the troll trigger with my very first post to
this group. That's nice =)

Unfortunately, your attempt to troll was neither funny nor
intelligent, so I'll only give you a 2 on the troll-o-meter, but
please keep trying, I'll happily re-evaluate your performance at any
given time

I RE-EVALUATED YOUR MOTHERS PERFORMANCE LAST NIGHT.