Old September 25th 03, 04:35 PM
Fudge

Default Amateur Radio Transceiver On A Chip

How about a complete Amateur Radio Transceiver on a chip mounted on a
printed circuit card that plugs into my computer. I do not care if the
output is only 1 Milliwat. Failing that, I would like a complete transceiver
with software that is computer compatible. Again power output is not a
concern. Now that Kachina is no longer producing a computer compatible rig,
who has stepped in to fill a market need? I would like to operate from my
desktop. I would like to operate from my desktop and not cost a small
fortune. Help please!

John
VA3JQ

Old September 26th 03, 01:54 PM
Fudge

The SDR-1000 looks like the real thing. Too bad about their half assed
website where nothing works. I just hope their technology works a Hell of a
lot better than their web site. It may be worth while waiting a bit until
someone offers the complete hardware and software package so guys like me
can just plug it into our computer and are on the air. I really like the 1
watt output and the desk top layout. I hope this is offered as a mature
design real soon.

John
VA3JQ

"JRM" wrote in message
On Thursday 25 September 2003 10:35 am, Fudge wrote:

How about a complete Amateur Radio Transceiver on a chip mounted on a
printed circuit card that plugs into my computer. I do not care if the
output is only 1 Milliwat. Failing that, I would like a complete
transceiver
with software that is computer compatible. Again power output is not a
concern. Now that Kachina is no longer producing a computer compatible
rig,
who has stepped in to fill a market need? I would like to operate from

my
desktop. I would like to operate from my desktop and not cost a small
fortune. Help please!

John
VA3JQ

The SDR-1000