Old September 30th 03, 04:10 PM
Dean

Default KD0LA

After buying a receiver, having been off ham radio for several years,
I started listening to 20 meters. Low and behold all the bootleggers
and cat callers and filthy mouthed unidentified scumbags now have
gone. But one voice I heard, that voice I remember was especially
nasty and crude. He used to stay on 20 meters all day and yell for
Polly and cuss people. I couldn't believe this guy was still on. But,
what I could't believe is that he was carrying on a conversation. But
what I really couldn't believe was that he has a call. KD4OLA. This
guy was a radio criminal from hell and now he talks on the bands like
nothing ever happened. How long has he had a call? Does anyone else
remember this? The voice is unmistakable. Maybe he's had a call all
along but he never identified while doing his thing years ago.
Old October 1st 03, 12:37 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dean" wrote in message
After buying a receiver, having been off ham radio for several years,
I started listening to 20 meters. Low and behold all the bootleggers
and cat callers and filthy mouthed unidentified scumbags now have
gone. But one voice I heard, that voice I remember was especially
nasty and crude. He used to stay on 20 meters all day and yell for
Polly and cuss people. I couldn't believe this guy was still on. But,
what I could't believe is that he was carrying on a conversation. But
what I really couldn't believe was that he has a call. KD4OLA. This
guy was a radio criminal from hell and now he talks on the bands like
nothing ever happened. How long has he had a call? Does anyone else
remember this? The voice is unmistakable. Maybe he's had a call all
along but he never identified while doing his thing years ago.

Oh yes indeed KD0LA is still around. Talking mainly to Donnie Dumbass,
W4JYZ. Vanity call of course. Now that is another story...Yeah....thas
right...yeah. Just listen to that guy for a while.

Jim bo is famous for his 'Herby number one' on phone and CW. I don't know
how he survived the Herpsters leaving. It must have been very traumatic.
Maybe that explains why Jimbo talks to Donnie....nah

Dan/W4NTI

Old October 1st 03, 10:52 PM
Dean

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:37:08 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

"Dean" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Does he qrm? Sounded like he was qrming NR5T yesterday with the
yontahe crap.

Old October 1st 03, 11:29 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dean" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:37:08 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

"Dean" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Don't know about now. But he did before. And he don't much like Douglas.
Soooooo.

I don't much bother with 313 any longer. But once in a while I slum a
while.

Dan/W4NTI

Old October 13th 03, 07:55 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
After buying a receiver, having been off ham radio for several years,
I started listening to 20 meters. Low and behold all the bootleggers
and cat callers and filthy mouthed unidentified scumbags now have
gone. But one voice I heard, that voice I remember was especially
nasty and crude. He used to stay on 20 meters all day and yell for
Polly and cuss people. I couldn't believe this guy was still on. But,
what I could't believe is that he was carrying on a conversation. But
what I really couldn't believe was that he has a call. KD4OLA. This
guy was a radio criminal from hell and now he talks on the bands like
nothing ever happened. How long has he had a call? Does anyone else
remember this? The voice is unmistakable. Maybe he's had a call all
along but he never identified while doing his thing years ago.

This proves the fallacy of the Morse code test being a filter to keep
out the "undesirable elements." Just because someone can pass an exam
doesn't prove that person to be any better than anyone else in their
behavior.

BUT... there are MANY more people out there on the air who conduct
themselves like adults, respect other people's use of the airwaves, and
generally do their best to maintain the good name of Amateur Radio
operators. These are the ones you see participating in SKYWARN or MARS
or ARES/RACES programs, working with the Red Cross and Salvation Army in
disaster preparedness, volunteering with the Civil Air Patrol, or
providing community services like helping out with the Tournament of
Roses, or marathons, or MS fund raisers, or the thousands of other
activities that "pay the rent" for the frequencies we enjoy. Don't
judge all of ham radio by the conduct of a few morons who have forgotten
the manners their parents tried to teach them....

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA