Old October 2nd 03, 05:00 PM
David Harper

Default Taking apart an Icom IC-V8

I'm trying to open the case of my IC-V8 in order to solder leads on
the PTT button to control the TX via a remote switch, but I can't get
the dang thing open. There's no more visible screws to remove, and it
appears that it is attached via some unknown mechanism at the top
(epoxy, snap features, etc?) Does anyone have experience opening one
of these up?

Thanks in advance!
Dave