Old October 7th 03, 12:21 AM
Hans K0HB

Default Vote for WX6RST

W6 hams...... put a ham in the statehouse in Sacremento. Vote for
our friend Jim Weir, WX6RST, for Governor.

http://www.smartvoter.org/2003/10/07...e/vote/weir_j/
Old October 7th 03, 12:35 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Hans K0HB" wrote in message
om...
W6 hams...... put a ham in the statehouse in Sacremento. Vote for
our friend Jim Weir, WX6RST, for Governor.

http://www.smartvoter.org/2003/10/07...e/vote/weir_j/

Gosh, I thought ham radio was supposed to be such an added bonus to the
"resume." I don't see a word of it mentioned.

Kim W5TIT

Old October 7th 03, 05:24 AM
KØHB

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

Gosh, I thought ham radio was supposed to be such
an added bonus to the "resume." I don't see a word of it mentioned.

Huh???? Why would an avocation like amateur radio be mentioned when
running for public office?

I can imagine that such a mention would make sense if he was a candidate for
a job as an engineer or technician at an electronics or communications
oriented business, but as a governor?????? Did K7UGA campaign literature
mention that he was a ham when he was the Republican candidate for President
of the US?

ô¿ô 73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Help support youth involved in Amateur Radio.
http://www.mnyarc.org

Old October 7th 03, 10:50 AM
Kim W5TIT

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

Gosh, I thought ham radio was supposed to be such
an added bonus to the "resume." I don't see a word of it mentioned.

Huh???? Why would an avocation like amateur radio be mentioned when
running for public office?

I can imagine that such a mention would make sense if he was a candidate

for
a job as an engineer or technician at an electronics or communications
oriented business, but as a governor?????? Did K7UGA campaign literature
mention that he was a ham when he was the Republican candidate for

President
of the US?

ô¿ô 73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Help support youth involved in Amateur Radio.
http://www.mnyarc.org
http://www.k0bsa.org

Hey, I find it interesting that none of those who've touted the "skills" of
ham radio as applicable to goals in life, are even responding to this. I
was "echoing" their belief system.

Kim W5TIT

Old October 7th 03, 01:07 PM
S. Hanrahan

On 7 Oct 2003 00:10:40 GMT, Dick Carroll
wrote:

Aw, Chee.... Jim just blew 3 grand on the filing fee. that woulda
financed a new hamshack!

Yeah, no kiddin.

----
Stacey/AA7YA