Old October 14th 03, 04:02 PM
Stinger

Default Sorry to disappoint you liberal twits, but...

Okay, B....you can now move to the "A" twit list.

First off, you note it's still an investigation, yet you then let your hopes
and dreams wander into the fantasy of charging him for dealing.

You speak from the abundance of your ignorance that "Rush had his own
cartel."

He is an addict, but he's a well-to-do addict. He didn't need to "deal" to
support his own addiction, like many other addicts do. Apparently, his
housekeeper was also an addict, and did.

A first-year law student could successfully defend Rush from any dealing
charge (and very probably from anything else) as I haven't seen them
actually nab him with any illegal prescription drugs.

I'm sure his lawyer is talking to the prosecutors -- and telling them that
Rush was only a harm to himself.

Just as fame should not be a shield from equal justice under the law, it
should not be cause for singling out prosecution either.

Sorry about boring you. Maybe you can get someone to look up the longer
words for you next time.

-- Stinger

"B" wrote in message
. ..
"Stinger" wrote in
:

First off, we know that Rush is being "investigated" for possession of
unauthorized prescription painkillers. I do not see anything showing
that he has been arrested so far. Last time I checked, that was an
essential first step for prosecution.

Sorry... we don't yet know WHAT he is being investigated for only that he
is under "investigation"

Second, if he is arrested, it will be for possession (not sale).
Apparently, he took 'em all when he acquired them.

Is that right? Perhaps you should pass this evidence along to the
authorities, it would save them having to do all that expensive
"investigating"

Besides in this ALLEGED quantity Florida law allws no distinction between
possessing and dealing.

Rush had his own cartel.

And finally, there is no court that I know of in the USA that gives
time to first offenders for possession offences -- even for possession
of "street drugs" like crack cocaine or methamphetamine. If they have
the funds (and Rush does) they go to private intervention programs
like the one Rush is currently attending (or like Robert Downey did).
If they don't have money or insurance, they end up in a publicly
funded program, which is usually in some sort of minimum security
facility, but they are released upon completion of the program.

Actually there are lots of states (like Florida) that have enacted laws
that possession/purchasing , in sufficent quantity is no different than
dealing. The ALLEGED quantity that the pigboy was buying would make him
subject to one of those laws which have one of those NICE minimum
sentences.

I still think he will do a deal, Newsweek reports that Black is talking
with the prosecutors.

I think he needs to do some time IF guilty, if only to disprove the
general theory that rich white guys don't go to jail. But he likely
won't.

Now please foad... you are boring me.

B.

-- Stinger

"DPDavis" wrote in message
YESnut wrote:

"And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought
to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be
sent up." Rush Limbaugh

... and do you have a problem with this statement?

Not if Rush demands that it be applied to him.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

=---

[...]