Old October 17th 03, 03:02 PM
Andy

Default Heil Goldline Pro How good is it?

I am after any feedback good or bad to do with the Heil Goldline Pro.
If you have used this microphone with your radio what is your opinion on it
compared to the Goldline and other microphones of the same class?

Thanks

Old October 17th 03, 03:13 PM
KeyBoard In The Wilderness

Andy -- there are nine user reviews at URL:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2993

--
73 From The KeyBoard In The Wilderness

Old October 17th 03, 05:52 PM
Andy

Hi
Thanks for your reply but I have read them already. I would like some more
in-depth opinions /information to help me decide.

73

Old October 17th 03, 07:07 PM
binrow the heretic

Heil microphones are good but I feel very overpriced.
You would do just as well with a Shure 444, 526T
or an Electro-Voice with a Dynamic Cartridge element.

Also, an old ham told me to remove the earpice from
an Western Electric or AT&T vintage telephone
then un-solder the capacitor and use this "earpiece
cartridge" as your "microphone" back in the mid-80's.

Works like a charm and costs *next to nothing* as
you can find these old W.E. phones for cheap at yard sales.

The foreign made phones earpiece also will work
but not have the fidelity of a genuine W.E. made
earpiece unit.

Try it!!

Old October 17th 03, 10:16 PM
Andy

Thanks for your input.
I have a Shure 444D with no wire/lead to it and no diagram so no way of
wiring the ptt switch or the microphone to the radio.
I did read some ware that the audio sounds muddy on the Yaesu using the
444D.
I will give what you said ago with the earpiece cartridge if I can find one
in the shed.

73