Old October 19th 03, 02:09 PM
Thierry

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 06:13:16 -0400, Bill wrote:

But if we (the USA) are treaty bound to the ITU; this treaty is
first in the heirarchy of laws in the USA (it is in the Constitution) ;-)
Thomas Jefferson and other "founding fathers" were very serious when they
warned the new nation to take making treaties very seriously.

That didn't seem to stop the USA going its own way earlier this year,
contrary to the wishes of the UN.

Indeed and lobbying are often link to financial interests. Noone broadcaster
(and still less with the future DRM, the digital AM) will never accept that
its spectrum be reduced but the one of hams could be...

There is maybe one way to fight against a potential reduction of our bands
or increasing of the noise level.
A good way to make the pressure on ITU in order that they protect our
rights, IMHO, should be to request the help of some famous people. There are
so many celebrities whose voice carries around the world and who are
licensed hams (statemen, royalties, CEO of telecomm and Internet companies,
TV producers, Gen. of US forces and scientists Nobel prices) that if ITU
could have their support, the conclusions of their future report could
change a lot...

All these hams want that our bands be preserved but there are also involved
in the use of the spectrum. They could arg in our side.
See some names on : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-rfi-bpl.htm (first
half).

But maybe that I dream alive

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Old October 19th 03, 06:07 PM
Zoran Brlecic

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 06:13:16 -0400, Bill wrote:

But if we (the USA) are treaty bound to the ITU; this treaty is
first in the heirarchy of laws in the USA (it is in the Constitution) ;-)
Thomas Jefferson and other "founding fathers" were very serious when they
warned the new nation to take making treaties very seriously.

That didn't seem to stop the USA going its own way earlier this year,
contrary to the wishes of the UN.

But... but... weapons of mass destruction... imminent threat... nuclear
program... 9/11 connection... gassed his own people... at least
Wolfovitz/Rumsfeld worked for their lobby - what's Blair's excuse?

73 ... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old October 19th 03, 11:49 PM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:07:08 GMT, Zoran Brlecic
wrote:

But... but... weapons of mass destruction...

What weapons of mass destruction?

imminent threat...

What immininent threat?

nuclear program...

What nuclear program?

9/11 connection...

What 9/11 connection?

gassed his own people...

Yes, probably.

at least
Wolfovitz/Rumsfeld worked for their lobby - what's Blair's excuse?

He was taken for a ride by the US President and his cronies. He will
not be such a soft touch next time.

73 de G3NYY

Yeah? OK
--
;)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.

Old October 20th 03, 09:02 AM
Roger Conroy

"AK" wrote in message

"Thierry" see my website wrote in message

Hi,

Do you remember the problem caused by broadcasting tests via the power

line?
A lot of radio amateur have to support the RFI causes by these tests
everywhere in Europe.
All hope is not lost.
ITU officially recognized this was unacceptable...

The problem in the States is that the ITU does not pay PAC bribes to
Congress for overlooking the obvious, and political hack FCC commissioners
have no concept of the technology they are supposed to be regulating. But,
what do expect out of a group of lawyers who were hired based on what they
could do to bring home the bacon to Congress from rich special interest
groups? But who knows, maybe a bunch of US hams buying 10 KW linear
amplfiers will help the economy out and return Congress to a balanced

budget
for one more blue-moon occasion? Yeah, sure - that's it, BPL will save the
U.S. economy.

ak K4YKZ

So here's a question: How many members of the US Congress and Senate are
hams? What are their names, phone numbers, etc?

Old October 20th 03, 09:24 AM
Airy R. Bean

What is the problem here? _REAL_ Radio Hams work with
signals that are deep in the noise all the time. There might be
a concern here by CBers who want S9 BBC quality, but
not for Radio Hams!

Old October 20th 03, 11:20 AM
Brenda Ann

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message
What is the problem here? _REAL_ Radio Hams work with
signals that are deep in the noise all the time. There might be
a concern here by CBers who want S9 BBC quality, but
not for Radio Hams!

The problem is that this particular noise source produces 40dB OVER S-9 QRM
at 150 feet from the source... IIRC what I have read correctly..