Old October 21st 03, 06:53 PM
mindy

Default 75Mhz Power Meter Design ??

Hi All

I need to design a "Low Cost" power meter for R/C freq. band.
75 MHz.

I build Battle Bots as a hobby (IE: Waste of time) and we are having a
hard time determining actual RF receive level and the RF background
energy produced by the motors and other stuff.

I would like the input to have a bandpass filter centered around
75mhz.

I want to use a BNC for the input and a voltage output
that will run to a simple volt meter.

I would like the sensitive from +10db to -60db.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Mark

Old October 21st 03, 08:50 PM
Martin

Hello Mark,
I guess you are looking for some kind of "Field Strength level"
meter ?

I would like the sensitive from +10db to -60db.

What is your unit of measurement, i.e. what is the 0db ref level ?
1 Volt, 10 Volts,1 Watt, 1 milliwatt, ?

You probably need to seek advice from an expert in EMC / RFI
the use of a spectrum analyser with a "Near field" probe and
the ability to average the field / signal strength over a specified
time window would be one solution. BUT $$$$$ !!!

TTFN Martin G1GYC