Old October 25th 03, 11:32 PM
Quiet Voice

Default Looking for surplus US Army radio batteries

Greetings:

I'm interested in locating a source for US Army radio batteries and
*ideally* a recharging unit (PP6241/U).

If you have such equipment or can point me in the direction of
potential sources for it, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

73's!!

Old October 26th 03, 12:52 AM
Ralf Ballis - DL2MRB

Quiet Voice wrote:

Greetings:

I'm interested in locating a source for US Army radio batteries and
*ideally* a recharging unit (PP6241/U).

If you have such equipment or can point me in the direction of
potential sources for it, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

73's!!

Take a look at:

www.armyradio.co.uk

Regards

Ralf
--
Vy 73 es 55 de Ralf, DL2MRB

Old October 27th 03, 02:43 PM
Quiet Voice

Mike wrote in message om...
What type?

Sorry, I meant to add that the batteries I'm looking for are either
tye BA-5590/U or BB-590/U

Thank you for any and all assistance!

Old October 28th 03, 12:08 AM
Gray Shockley

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 8:43:29 -0600, Quiet Voice wrote
(in message ) :

Sorry, I meant to add that the batteries I'm looking for are either
tye BA-5590/U or BB-590/U

Thank you for any and all assistance!

Watch for "SAFT" manufactured 5590's. These are quite dangerous. They're
"Lithium Sulfur Dioxide". Dispose of as "hazardous waste" rather than messin'
with 'em.

The BB-590 is ni-cad; no problems.

Gray Shockley
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take
command. Very often, that individual is crazy. -Author Unk

Old October 28th 03, 02:02 PM
Quiet Voice

Gray Shockley wrote in message s.com...

Watch for "SAFT" manufactured 5590's. These are quite dangerous. They're
"Lithium Sulfur Dioxide". Dispose of as "hazardous waste" rather than messin'
with 'em.

The BB-590 is ni-cad; no problems.

Thank you for the warning.

I am still interested in locating a SOURCE for these batteries....at
least for the BB-590 and associated charging unit.

Thanks again.
Old October 28th 03, 09:28 PM
Zeawolf

You might want to check out Colemans surplus in PA. They don't have
them in their catalog but may be able to get them.
http://www.colemans.com
good luck!
~Stan~