RadioBanter

-   -   Yeasu FT-530 help (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24836-yeasu-ft-530-help.html)

WG October 31st 03 08:41 AM

Yeasu FT-530 help

Hi All

A friend of mine has a 530 that looks like it has been partly modified
but has troubles. When he tries to key the radio on the FRS frequencies,
(460 MHz) he gets a transmit for a second or two then the radio just beeps.
It does full transmit on 450 MHz and seems to be wide open on the rest but
not on FRS. I have not seen the radio to see what has been done to it but
something doesn't sound right. Without getting flamed and all the out of
band BS and the like can someone tell me if that is typical for the extended
TX to not go above 460 MHz?

Greg Mass October 31st 03 10:03 PM

In article Vepob.11284$EY3.10084@edtnps84, "WG"
wrote:

Hi All

A friend of mine has a 530 that looks like it has been partly modified
but has troubles. When he tries to key the radio on the FRS frequencies,
(460 MHz) he gets a transmit for a second or two then the radio just beeps.
It does full transmit on 450 MHz and seems to be wide open on the rest but
not on FRS. I have not seen the radio to see what has been done to it but
something doesn't sound right. Without getting flamed and all the out of
band BS and the like can someone tell me if that is typical for the extended
TX to not go above 460 MHz?

Have you looked at www.mods.dk for help with the possible mods.
greg