Old October 31st 03, 08:41 AM
WG

Default Yeasu FT-530 help

Hi All

A friend of mine has a 530 that looks like it has been partly modified
but has troubles. When he tries to key the radio on the FRS frequencies,
(460 MHz) he gets a transmit for a second or two then the radio just beeps.
It does full transmit on 450 MHz and seems to be wide open on the rest but
not on FRS. I have not seen the radio to see what has been done to it but
something doesn't sound right. Without getting flamed and all the out of
band BS and the like can someone tell me if that is typical for the extended
TX to not go above 460 MHz?

Old October 31st 03, 10:03 PM
Greg Mass

In article Vepob.11284$EY3.10084@edtnps84, "WG"
wrote:

Hi All

A friend of mine has a 530 that looks like it has been partly modified
but has troubles. When he tries to key the radio on the FRS frequencies,
(460 MHz) he gets a transmit for a second or two then the radio just beeps.
It does full transmit on 450 MHz and seems to be wide open on the rest but
not on FRS. I have not seen the radio to see what has been done to it but
something doesn't sound right. Without getting flamed and all the out of
band BS and the like can someone tell me if that is typical for the extended
TX to not go above 460 MHz?

Have you looked at www.mods.dk for help with the possible mods.
greg

FS Yeasu ft840 with extras Mwin33 Equipment 0 December 20th 04 02:52 AM
FS Yeasu ft840 with extras Mwin33 Equipment 0 December 20th 04 02:52 AM
Looking for Early Yeasu and Star radios Jean Paul Boatanchors 4 May 9th 04 02:25 AM
FOR SALE: Yeasu VX-5R BobAR8 Equipment 0 November 5th 03 11:03 PM
FOR SALE: Yeasu VX-5R BobAR8 Equipment 0 November 5th 03 11:03 PM