Old November 12th 03, 06:25 PM
BJ

Default Echolink and McAfee Firewall

Just installed McAfee Professional 7.0 Virus Scan. Have spent hours with
different configurations to get the two software packages to work together.
Echolink will fetch data but I'm unable to connect with test server. My
computer is running ME. Has anyone been able to overcome this problem.
Thanks for any suggestions as McAfee support has not been able to help.
Bob, AA8X

Old November 12th 03, 08:25 PM
Eddie Haskel

You have other problems going on there. I have Echolink running on a XP
machine in the house and a laptop (XP) and both are using McAfee Personal
Firewall and Virus Scan without conflicts. Did you punch holes in your
router's firewall for TCP and UDP 5198-5200 and assign it to the IP adress
of the Echolink machine?? Eddie

Old November 13th 03, 12:49 AM
KMA

Throw the **** (Echolink) in the garbage. Buy a REAL radio.

Old November 13th 03, 04:36 AM
Dee D. Flint

"BJ" wrote in message
Just installed McAfee Professional 7.0 Virus Scan. Have spent hours with
different configurations to get the two software packages to work

together.
Echolink will fetch data but I'm unable to connect with test server. My
computer is running ME. Has anyone been able to overcome this problem.
Thanks for any suggestions as McAfee support has not been able to help.
Bob, AA8X

Were you able to connect before or is this your first attempt to set it up?
I found that in some cases the problem resides in the ISP server and there
may not be anything you can do about it except use a different server.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old November 14th 03, 02:40 AM
BJ

Problem solved. Found menu "Block IP Addresses". I had bypassed this menu
before because I didn't want to block but found once in it offered me the
option to "Block or Allow". Added 66.250.84.85 and selected "Allow" and
Echolink works as designed.
Tnx. Bob-AA8X

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
.com...

Old November 14th 03, 02:42 AM
BJ

"KMA" wrote in message

"BJ" wrote in message
Just installed McAfee Professional 7.0 Virus Scan. Have spent hours

with
different configurations to get the two software packages to work

together.
Echolink will fetch data but I'm unable to connect with test server.

My
computer is running ME. Has anyone been able to overcome this problem.
Thanks for any suggestions as McAfee support has not been able to

help.
Bob, AA8X

Throw the **** (Echolink) in the garbage. Buy a REAL radio.

KMA, I have a REAL radio and I'm very active on HF. Do you have a REAL call?
BJ-AA8X